This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Oh God, Another OTF Mixtape (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh God, Another OTF Mixtape
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hahaha. Haha. Hahahahahaaaahaha.

That's probably what you're going to say about the contents of this, my second ever OTF Mixtape. It consists entirely of 80s indie(-ish) pop, with a tiny stray over into the 90s when occasion, uh, demands it. So as to provide space for a few examples of lesser-known bands of the period and genre, I've deliberately not included any Sarah Records tracks here, although the spirit of the label looms large over much of this (to clarify, I do genuinely love absolutely all of these tracks - yes, even now, in 2008).

The zipfile is here and here's the tracklisting:

Brian - You Don't Want A Boyfriend
Frazier Chorus - Typical
Friends - You'll Never See That Summertime Again
Rodney Allen - Cupid's Bow
Strawberry Switchblade - Trees And Flowers
Talulah Gosh - Beatnik Boy
The Apple Moths - Miserable Town
The Bardots - Sad Anne
The Bats - Chicken Bird Run
The Farmer's Boys - More Than A Dream (David Jensen session version)
The Hit Parade - You Didn't Love Me Then
The Lotus Eaters - The First Picture Of You (12")
The Rainyard - Beneath The Skin
They Go Boom!! - Missing Person
This Poison! - The Great Divide

Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah! Brian! One of my favourite 'great lost artists'. I've still yet to get the CD of 'Understand'. Must rectify that soon.

I'll give that a listen, although I was never a dedicated fan of 'jangly'/'twee' stuff.

Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I, er, may have on my desktop a folder containing the Understand album, Clive...
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes! If you could zip/rar it and stick it up on zshare or yousendit, that would be just wonderful, Furtho! No worries if not, of course, old chap.
Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Furtho,

Sorry to sound like a numbskull but how would one do a mix tape and upload it like that?

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Put the files in a single folder, then compress it with WinZip or WinRar, then upload it to Yousendit or one of the other websites.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

PM for Clive - and you wouldn't happen to have Brian's Planes EP, would you?

Carcass - well, it's not strictly a mixtape in the sense of them being all spliced into one track. Just a fancy (some might say "misleading") name for a bunch of mp3s in a folder.

Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

Furtho - saw your PM first, but only looked at this thread now. Yes I have and I'll C&S it with you imminently ...after The Simpsons!
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Furtho, would you like to care & share this more widely via the OTF mix-tape blog?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 730

Furtho, have you determined the order of songs by simply placing them in alphabetical order?
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you've put the files in a folder and zipped them, how do they know which order to go in when they get to the other end?
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

I'm afraid you need to number them (the files, as part of the file name) 01, 02, 03 etc. within each folder. That's the only way to keep them in their original order (I think).

[ 10.03.2008, 19:03: Message edited by: evilC ]

Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You also need to edit the mp3 tags, or else iTunes (I think) will go by that, rather than the file name.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

G-Man - OK, sure... by "the OTF mix-tape blog", do you mean "your blog"?

Carcass - On this occasion, yes. The order really doesn't matter.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC