This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Oh look, there's a rape machine... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh look, there's a rape machine...
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patti Smith got her guitar-toting son onstage when she played (I think) the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago. Apparently he had a go at the first few bars of 'Smoke on the Water' and then fucked off.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil Kulkarni
Member # 6775

- posted      Profile for Neil Kulkarni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SR - didn't you once interview Numan for MM for a Rebellious Jukebox (picking his fave tracks) and a loud buzzer noise went off, some kind of alarm, and he actually waved his hands around like someone had farted? I'm sure you told me that - I mean, christ, we all do it when someone picks a wrong answer on Family Fortunes but you don't expect the Numanoid to do that kinda thing do you.
Or you realise that's EXACTLY the kinda thing Gary Numan would do. He's always been part-lad part-alien ain't he.

[ 13.03.2008, 18:51: Message edited by: Neil Kulkarni ]

Posts: 77 | From: Coventry | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neil, you're absolutely correct.

He also told me a load of anecdotes regarding Queen, Japan and Bowie which showed the Nume in a really bad light, but he didn't seem to realise that this was the case.

I wish I could find that piece, cos it's one of the most extraordinary interviews I've ever done.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adams house cat
Member # 228

- posted      Profile for adams house cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wolfgang Van Halen plays bass (I think) in his dad's band.

When I saw Iris DeMent she brought her mum on stage to warble a song. It was, I'm afraid, awful.

Posts: 965 | From: Farmington NM | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In other Nume news, a gang of about 20 teenagers just walked up my street singing "Cars" at the top of their voices.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilC
Member # 1312

- posted      Profile for evilC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So - anyone here interested in meeting up for a drink in the late afternoon on Saturday, prior to the London gig? I've got to meet some mates from 'down home' before going in, but fancied a bit of a social first.
Posts: 7428 | From: such drivers' ed films as 'Alice's Adventures Through the Windshield Glass' | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disney Girl
Member # 1348

- posted      Profile for Disney Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From the Numan site (below) which explains a bit more about the Brighton gig.

I've heard the stories about Japan running off from him in Tokyo leaving him in the middle of nowhere and then him being picked up by Queen to go our for something to eat after he went to one of their gigs. Sounded like Mr Mercury was a top nice bloke. Can't remember much that put him in a bad light though? He has always gone out of his way not to criticise Bowie beyond the incident on the Kenny Everett show which obviously pissed him off big time. Even when fans have slagged Bowie off after that, he's always defended him...

Were there some new stories? I think his mild autism sometimes makes his unaware of the inapproriateness of some of his stories/comments. Mind you he took on that tosser George Lamb on his show recently which was pretty funny....

"Amazing gig last night in Brighton. Although we had a few problems with the new Virus TI that Ade was using the gig couldn't have gone any better. A fantastic atmosphere. My apologies for becoming somewhat emotional during the final song, A Prayer For The Unborn. My three children were at the gig, Raven and Persia in the security pit by the stage for much of the show. As some of you may know A Prayer For The Unborn is a song for our first baby that died during the pregnancy and it's never easy to sing at the best of times as it brings all the sadness and tragedy of that horrible experience flooding back. To be singing that song and looking down at Raven and Persia was all a bit too much to be honest and I think I did quite a poor job in trying to disguise my emotions. I hope it didn't ruin anything for those people that noticed I was struggling. For me though one of the best gigs of the tour.
I was told that one or two old band members were in the audience last night as well which must have added a little something to those fans that got to say hello to them."

Posts: 423 | From: now until the shipping forecast at 00.15 hours here is 'sailing by'...... | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prince as Spiderman, I can see.

Numan? Hmm, I'm getting more 'Dangermouse'...

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disney Girl
Member # 1348

- posted      Profile for Disney Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I went to the show at the Indigo2 on Saturday. Nice venue! I thought it was an excellent show. Really elemental in terms of the synth sounds but also very now in the presentation and execution. The sound quality was also very good. Numan obviously really enjoyed the whole thing and it was pretty funny to see a couple of his kids getting down to the support act 'Robots in Disguise'.

Odd mix of characters there. Skinheads, old school punks, meat head rogue males, people in their teens and twenties as well as those well into their 40's and 50's plus those who obviously hadn't been to a gig in 20 years.

Great to hear 'We have a technical' and 'It must have been years' for the first time (for me anyway). 'Prayer for the Unborn' was an excellent finale as well.

Shame about the swarming chavvy-gangsters (innit!) hanging around outside but that's always going to be an issue really isn't it?!

Posts: 423 | From: now until the shipping forecast at 00.15 hours here is 'sailing by'...... | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Disney Girl
Member # 1348

http://www.numan.co.uk/clouds/news.html

Hmmm...as I said to Clive when he ventured out on the Telekon tour, he'll live to regret that move! The press will leap on anything 'old' as such and 20 years of moving forward will be undone.

Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

Well, if he's "done with nostalgia", I'll duck out of Nume World until he's undone with it again. At least he's honest...
Disney Girl
Member # 1348

I think he just doesn't want to do the cabaret trip continually just yet. Who can blame him....I hate my past and being judged against it (thanks parents!) and it creeps up when I least expect it....

If you don't move on you just die as a person. One thing you can't fault the man for is honesty. Quite frankly, it has been his undoing many times....but I know not all like what he does now.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC