This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Singers it's really good fun to do impressions of (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Singers it's really good fun to do impressions of
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Getting stuck into a good Nick Cave ripsnorter like Brother, My Cup Is Empty is just so much fun.
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adams house cat
Member # 228

- posted      Profile for adams house cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Roy Orbison
Posts: 965 | From: Farmington NM | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do Brian Ferry singing the "Land Of Hope And Glory" bit at the end of It Ain't Half Hot Mum.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do a pretty good Bob Dylan. I do the old apartheid national anthem (the Afrikaans/English bit that follows the real anthem) in my Dylan voice.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Dylan and the Ferry are pretty close together, really. Ferry was clearly 'doing Dylan' on "Virginia Plain", for starters.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jerry Lee Lewis. Wavering between yelping, whispering and shouting with no real reason.
Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitter Happier
Member # 172

- posted      Profile for Fitter Happier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Lydon, circa Metal Box.

"Drive to the forest in a Japanese caa-a-r"

The bloke out of Wilderness is great fun to do, too. I got some very odd looks walking down my road shouting "it's a post-plethoric rhetoric" with very pronounced letter os, once.

Posts: 2717 | From: her to eternity | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe Mark Morrison hasn't been mentioned. Just pinch your nostrils shut and you're away.

Nyu Hhluuuuuuud duh me

Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed with SR, every Welsh person on this board and, indeed, everywhere does a Tom and an Elvis.
Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can't believe nobody's mentioned Johnny Mathis, who must be the easiest to take off (and on a similar vein Roland Gift)
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, Roland Gift. He's really easy to do. I wouldn't recommend impersonating Mathis singing "Misty" though; that is a fucking tough one to sing.

Last night Dreamgirls was playing on TV while Mrs G and G-Teen were sitting around talking. That woman who won the Oscar was doing some overwrought soul number, which gave me the opportunity to launch into my Patti LaBelle in soul-emo mode. Alas, Dreamgirl's big note was more restrained than Patti; somewhere between Aretha and Whitney. But my Pati was spot-on.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't recommend impersonating Mathis singing "Misty" though; that is a fucking tough one to sing.

The one I do is the one where he sings "Guess it's over, call it a day, sorry that it had to end this way", or occasionally the one where he sings "If I could I'd like to be the first man on the moon, there would be no neighbours, no population boom"

(The latter is particularly good, because even if people think the impression's crap they get a laugh off the lyrics.)

I have no idea what any of these are called, since the only songs I have ever heard JM singing are these 2 and Mary's Boy Child.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first one's "Too Much, Too Little, Too Late" (a duet with Deneice Williams). Dunno about the other one.

Don't you mean "When A Child Is Born", not "Mary's Boy Child"?

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

Yes, I do.

And I think the "no neighbours" one might be called "Stone in love with you"

treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark E Smith
Pete Budd

Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC