This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Singers it's really good fun to do impressions of (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Singers it's really good fun to do impressions of
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter Gabriel. 'Red Rain'. Just get the voice throatily-whispery enough and it works.

And I'll throw in another vote for Bryan Ferry. It just invites piss-taking.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul Shane.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vic Reeves on 'Dizzy'. "And it's yow gehl mehkin' it spin..."
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Paul Shane.
Oooh, good call. In a similar vein, Cannon and Ball doing 'Wind Beneath My Wings'.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a similar vein, Cannon and Ball doing 'Wind Beneath My Wings'.

That's not an example of having fun while impersonating them. That's a musical version of the Ninth Circle of Hell.

As indeed was Bette Midler's original. Never can there be a more bowel-moving, teeth-shatteringly awful moment than when she groans 'flyyyyyyyyyyyy, flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy' at the top of her voice, like a whale with a haemorrhoid problem.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Belting out "Did yee-oh ever knoh that yewer my HEE-roh!" You don't think that's fun? If that's not fun, what is? If that's wrong I don't wanna be right.
bob,bob,bob & bob
Member # 4308

- posted      Profile for bob,bob,bob & bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoy trying to sound all gravelly like John Martyn. It's especially handy when you don't know the lyrics.

And who can resist Bryan Ferry, especially when it's 'Oh Yeah"?

Posts: 115 | From: The Wirral Peninsula | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing with Bryan Ferry is... you know how most singers have one or two idiosyncracies (eg the way Damon Albarn whistles his esses), but most of the time they're just singing it straight? With Bryan Ferry, especially on the early, pre-croon material, it's nothing but the idiosyncracies. Which lends itself to impersonations really well, because at no point do you have to attempt Proper Singing.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barry White? Barry White.
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I derive enormous pleasure from doing exaggerated impressions of Brett Anderson and Brian Molko slightly in the style of Phil Cornwell's Bowie & Jagger (ah, which I have just seem mentioned in the first post).

[ 17.03.2008, 13:17: Message edited by: Harry Carpenter ]

Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would love to see that.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. Long time no see. For which I can blame various ISP disasters and a large amount of laziness.
Bjork is a lot of fun to do once you master the odd hissing and clicking sounds. Tori Amos can also be quite amusing, especially the Scabby Pig Song, aka the Armand Van Helden remix of 'Professional Widow'. I also enjoy a good Morrissey as much as the next girl, especially the long warbly wordless bit at the end of 'The Boy With The Thorn In His Side'.

Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Mack is back. (Welcome back. Everybody kept asking about where you were.)

I was going to say Liam Gallagher as well, mainly because I can imitate both him and Noel decently in karaoke. Limited range, sneer, don't move. Easy.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The impressions are purely vocal SR, I've never tried the visual side of them but people have commented on my resemblance to Anderson before.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Louis Armstrong, especially the James Bond theme (All The Time in The World, I think)
Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC