This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Tell Me Easter's On Friday (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Tell Me Easter's On Friday
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What other (non-Christmas) songs cry out to be played at very specific times of the year?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thriller
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"St Swithin's Day"
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Radio stations tend to break out the "Monster Mash" in late October.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Carmody
Member # 712

- posted      Profile for Robin Carmody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Happy New Year" by ABBA and "New Year's Day" by U2 (the best U2 song to my ears).

There is better Hallowe'en music than that cited here (note that I used the apostrophe: very important). But I won't mention it, because I'm tired of the usual suspects thinking I'm right-wing (and they would).

[ 18.03.2008, 02:06: Message edited by: Robin Carmody ]

Posts: 1275 | From: Down South | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Auntie Beryl
Member # 1082

- posted      Profile for Auntie Beryl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Bank Holiday" - Blur
"First Picture Of You" - Lotus Eaters
"Indian Summer" - Dream Academy

Posts: 1450 | From: west by south | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'End Of A Century' by Blur. That's a very occasional one.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone must have written a song called 4th of July or similar.

I'm not proud of the fact that I know Rush have a song called Bastille Day

And of course Eric Bogle's "And the band played Waltzing Matilda" ought to be required listening throughout Anzac day. (And his "No Man's Land" on Remembrance Day)

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Ides by FrYars. Although I suppose 12 times a year isn't that specific.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mackstress, welcome back.

Stevie Wonder's "Happy Birthday" should, strictly speaking, only be applied to MLK Day.

The only record I can think of that mentions the fourth of July, off the top of my head, is "When You're Young And In Love" by The Marvelettes, but I'm sure there must be scores more.

As you can tell, my head's in a Motown place right now...

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This would mean we'd never, ever hear "(December 1963) Oh What A Night" (Seasons), "1963" (New Order), "Summer of '69" (Adams) or "1979" (Pumpkins) again. And we'll be waiting a while before Zager & Evans get any airplay, too.

[ 18.03.2008, 10:53: Message edited by: Crusoe ]

Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
November Rain and July get predictable airings on Irish radio stations.
Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That Green Day dirge about September.
Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The only record I can think of that mentions the fourth of July, off the top of my head, is "When You're Young And In Love" by The Marvelettes, but I'm sure there must be scores more.
The Nicole Atkins track I cared & shared especially for you as well, Rhino. "Fourh of July, Brooklyn's on fire".
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"On the Fourth of July, 1806
We set sail from the sweet Cobh of Cork"

I'm sure it got bellowed out a few times yesterday.

Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC