This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Is there a more annoying band name in existence than . . . (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Is there a more annoying band name in existence than . . .
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe SR has never heard Beat Up The Mods, The Queen Gives Good Blow Jobs, Student Wankers or Vicars Wank Too.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't actually possible to be at school in Britain in the 1980s without hearing "Vicars Wank Too", was it? At least in an a capella playground stylee.
Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're Boston Irish, a community unto itself.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Worst current band name is surely "My Chemical Romance"
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good call. Very good call, in fact. No, it needs to be said - all those emo types can just f*ck off forever. 'The Fall Out Boy', I mean, 'pah'. 'Panic!!! At///the @@@??*** Disco!???1111' - just go away you complete tossers.

Oh, and I'm emigrating to Boston where I can avoid Irish 'pubs' and buy a condo on under eighteen grand a year! (I mean, whaaat??)

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It wasn't actually possible to be at school in Britain in the 1980s without hearing "Vicars Wank Too", was it? At least in an a capella playground stylee.
It was all "Frigging In The Rigging" at my school, with a bit of "Pearl's Cafe" and the odd sweary Damned/SLF song.

Oh, and "Animal (Fuck Like A Beast)" by W.A.S.P. and "Too Drunk To Fuck" by the Dead Kennedys.

[ 21.03.2008, 13:46: Message edited by: Spearmint Rhino ]

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toxteth O'Grady
Member # 943

- posted      Profile for Toxteth O'Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe Lean and the Jing Jang Jong is one of the worst I've heard in a while. I just picture a bunch of booze-addled lads down the pub dribbling "nah...wait..I've got it...you won't believe this one. In fact, you might...wait, where was I? Oh yeah. Band names and that. What about..."

The fact that they sobered up at some point and still thought it was a good idea is completely unfathomable.

Posts: 518 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TMP, I don't know what you're on about. You can't avoid Irish Pubs in Boston. Even the not-very Irish ones are probably Irisher than most pubs in Ireland. $18,000 a year is $1,500 a month. That's probably doable, although you won't have a huge selection.

I don't know if My Chemical Romance is a bad name or if I just think it's bad because the bad is so utterly ridiculous.

Fall Out Boy is bad, even if the band was good, which they aren't. It's trying to be clever and obscure but is neither. It's like calling your band The Knights Who Say Ni.

Topical news is another poor source for a name. I imagine there are a whole lot of punk bands forming right now called Client 9.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Fall Out Boy is bad, even if the band was good, which they aren't. It's trying to be clever and obscure but is neither. It's like calling your band The Knights Who Say Ni.
Don't ask me how I know this, but when they started, the band asked fans for a name. Someone suggested Fall Out Boy, and they took it.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is "Client 9"?
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elliot Spitzer's "code name" in the Emperor's Club prostitution and money laundering indictment.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soccer Scrimmage
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Soccer Scrimmage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, thanks.
Posts: 2558 | From: Chicago | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

"Don't ask me how I know this, but when they started, the band asked fans for a name. Someone suggested Fall Out Boy, and they took it."

That's no excuse.

Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is "Client 9"?

---------------------------------

Elliot Spitzer's "code name" in the Emperor's Club prostitution and money laundering indictment.

Hah, that reminds me of The Onion headline which went something like "40 different punk bands now using the name The Miami Relatives" circa the Elian Gonzales story.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TMP, I don't know what you're on about. You can't avoid Irish Pubs in Boston. Even the not-very Irish ones are probably Irisher than most pubs in Ireland. $18,000 a year is $1,500 a month. That's probably doable, although you won't have a huge selection.
I wasn't being entirely serious re. the Irish pub thing, Reed. And as regards the condo purchase - well, you just couldn't do that on 18k a year in the UK. This was my only point.

And, while I appreciate you were being hypothetical, it should be stressed that any band choosing a Monty Python quote as its name should be punched and kicked loads, then shot.

Of course, there have been one or two - Ethel the Frog come to mind, as do Toad the Wet Sprocket, of which there were at least two bands bearing the name. (The latter in particular is unforgiveable given that 'Toad the Wet Sprocket' was a fictional Python band in the first place...)

Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC