This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Courtney Love approves the Kurt Cobain trainer (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Courtney Love approves the Kurt Cobain trainer
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, by Converse's Health and Safety team.

Converse trainers are death traps. Fact.

Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[quote]as Cobain wore Converse, he was obviously not against brands[quote]

At the time, Converse were somewhat marginal, they were kind of an anti-brand in many ways, like in the way the designs hadn't changed in decades.

The Kobain exploitation campaign is pure Nike.

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

(I was gonna say EIM, but didn't realise he lowered himself to Converse)

I own one pair, and have only ever owned one pair. They hardly overshadow my twenty-two pairs of adidas.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Courtney Love is a despicable, fat, ugly manipulative, mercenary slattern.
Holy fucking christ I really need to stop reading this Neanderthal board.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. You just have to be more selective with which parts you read.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only been on ten minutes casually clicking and I've come across two bits of absolutely repugnant misogyny, on this and the "let's have a laugh at heather mills' disability" thread. So maybe an unlucky sample size, but it's sure as shit left a bad taste.

[ 19.03.2008, 02:17: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Well, yeah, I saw that. But normally I don't think you get much of that around here, and if it did, the likes of you, Wyatt Earp, and others would have it stamped out pretty quickly.

As for the Heather Mills thread, I've not read it, I don't want to read it, the whole story doesn't interest me, and it confuses the fuck out of me why anyone would think otherwise.

Still, that Courtney Love and Steve Coogan story? Odd as fish eh? Especially when Owen Wilson got involved and Love blamed Coogan for his suicide attempt.

wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's sad to think that the last thing Kurt saw in this world was that carpet.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What SSS said.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blackdogbeak
Member # 12747

- posted      Profile for blackdogbeak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could I get away with "Courtney Love is a despicable, manipulative, mercenary"?
Posts: 651 | From: the muddy banks of the irwell | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I own one pair, and have only ever owned one pair. They hardly overshadow my twenty-two pairs of adidas.
Mate, that's a pretty lame thing to be proud of. I take it you haven't read No Logo then?
Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
At the time, Converse were somewhat marginal, they were kind of an anti-brand in many ways, like in the way the designs hadn't changed in decades.
So you fell for that, did you?

Converse have always been a company that have been in it to make profits. Although a lot of their shoes were made in America, I am not sure that they were entirely.

The only way that they were an anti-brand was that they didn't spend as much on advertising as Nike or Adidas.

There was an element of word-of-mouth peer advertising amongst skateboarders, BMXers and fans of US punk/hardcore fans but that was only based on them being relatively cheap and relatively simple looking.

This is probably the reason that Cobain was into them

[ 19.03.2008, 12:53: Message edited by: Bored Of The Dance ]

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

Pants - I'd say trainers were the least of my worries when it comes to buying and using unethical products.

And I was wrong. It was 24 pairs.

Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your defence is that you have more unethical products than trainers? Interesting

I am more worried that you are, in fact, Imelda Marcos.

Again, excessive footwear acquisition a relatively minor issue

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Myself, homeboy, got fifty pair.
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC