This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Courtney Love approves the Kurt Cobain trainer (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Courtney Love approves the Kurt Cobain trainer
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You appear to have lost your grasp of the English language however

Indeed, your post looks like it has gone through the Fall Album Title Random Generator

[ 19.03.2008, 13:56: Message edited by: Bored Of The Dance ]

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Argh! You lot are beyond help! If you must own so many pairs of trainers, what's wrong with (British-made) New Balance?
Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adams house cat
Member # 228

- posted      Profile for adams house cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not misogynist SSS. Ms. Love's gender is irrelevant other than my, perhaps, overheated, description. I hold the same opinion of anyone who could behave in such a greedy, cold-hearted, exploitative manner. I haven't read the Mills thread, no intention of so doing, I'm not interested, but I stand by my opinion of Ms. Love and her ceaseless, noisome machinations.
Posts: 965 | From: Farmington NM | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing wrong whatsoever about owning 24 pairs of adidas.

As long as they're all trefoil, and not Toblerone.

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Word.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not me
Member # 65

- posted      Profile for Not me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come off it, adc, 'slattern' is as gender-specific a put-down as 'slut' or 'bitch'. You can't complain when people call you on it.
Posts: 4303 | From: The Ministry of the New New Super Heavy Funk | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're all trefoil. I was nearly thrown out of a shop when I saw what the cunts had done to the samba recently.

And pants, as for what's wrong with New Balance? Oh Christ. We'll never reach an accord on this. Can I just admit to being a bad, selfish person so we don't have to go through what's wrong with New Balance?

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

- posted      Profile for Bored Of The Dance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Argh! You lot are beyond help! If you must own so many pairs of trainers, what's wrong with (British-made) New Balance?
I assume you are putting the brackets there as very few of their range are British made.

Here is a good guide (unfortunately 18 months out of date now) on how varying companies make their trainers. I have tried Vegetarian Shoes and Worn Again and have to say that I haven't been very impressed by the fact that they both seem ot fall apart after 6 months. I would try Ethletic and Adbusters but they appear to be the canvas style Chuck Taylors that aren't that good for winter or wet weather.

I might have to go back to Adidas for mynext pair to see whether they actually do last longer than the last ones I have had. I don't mind paying more for "ethical" goods but I do mind if they are shit quality

Posts: 3647 | From: the desk of the Chairman | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come off it, adc, 'slattern' is as gender-specific a put-down as 'slut' or 'bitch'. You can't complain when people call you on it.

Not to mention the "fat and ugly" bit.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Max Payne.
Member # 1428

- posted      Profile for Max Payne.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well the only running shoes I buy are Pearl Izumi....if that counts
Posts: 958 | From: Exeter, NY | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Harry Carpenter
Member # 1577

- posted      Profile for Harry Carpenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Indeed, your post looks like it has gone through the Fall Album Title Random Generator

You're not going to make me explain, are you?!
Posts: 6604 | From: the South Wales riviera to leafy suburbia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tough call this one.

On one hand, you have adidas originals and their brilliant Trons, Paninis, Kermit the Frogs, Dark Horse Comics, and Missy Elliott Respect M.E. collection.

You have Reebok and their horror film collection (Chuckys, Jason Voorheeses, Freddys, etc.)

I suppose the line is that this is a marketing campaign based on a iconic singer who committed suicide after suffering from depression and the effects of heroin abuse, with his widow profiting from it. That's a tough pill to swallow, as would Bob Marley's family profiting from a line of shoes named after him.

If I'm stating the obvious, I apoligize. But it is interesting to figure out what the line is. Same for the St. Pauli Nikes on the football thread.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SSS: what thread did people drop the Mills bombs on? I saw the opening post on the main Macca divorce thread, but it was slapped down straight away and that seems to have discouraged others.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't anything specifically about Mills, it was the phrase "that former Baywatch skank whose name escapes me" that I found particularly odious.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bored Of The Dance
Member # 6347

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're not going to make me explain, are you?!

Is it a hip-hop thing I wouldn't understand?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC