This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » REO Speedwagon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: REO Speedwagon
Disney Girl
Member # 1348

- posted      Profile for Disney Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeez! Just had some e-mail through informing me tickets for this lot have gone on sale, playing Indigo2. For once it suprised me as they are obviously total tat but also I thought they would 1) have gone permanently away many years ago and 2) have zero fans and zero interest. Are they big in Japan or something?
Posts: 423 | From: now until the shipping forecast at 00.15 hours here is 'sailing by'...... | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just can't stop loving them. They just can't fight that feeling anymore...er, and roll with the changes... Fuck it.

Yeah, what the fuck are they still creaking around for? I mean, even a retro-minded person wouldn't have nostalgia for their shit music.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think juggernauts like REO Speedwagon will always find a few die-hards to follow them around, even over here. That said, according to an old US muso friend of mine, even in the context of stadium rawk, REO Speedwagon were considered distinctly second-division. Which makes complete sense: some of the stuff they put out made Styx sound like Autechre.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adams house cat
Member # 228

- posted      Profile for adams house cat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They played to 15,000 in Toledo the other week. So, 14,500 must still like them. And, just so there is no misunderstanding. I think they suck.
Posts: 965 | From: Farmington NM | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, if even I have no tolerance for them, how can there be anyone left who does?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC