This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Easterhouse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easterhouse
Felicity, I guess so
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Felicity, I guess so     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it happens I was singing/humming a tune in the bath yesterday and couldn't remember what it was. Ms. Felicity shouted the next line at one point and then launched into the chorus (NB we aren't the sort of couple who finish each other's sentences, right?): "1969" by Easterhouse.

We currently have the turntable connected after many months elsewhere, so I fished out their 1st album and played it while I was cooking. It really kicks off well, and as I was listening I could remember it being a 'play it loud while you get ready to go out' album at the time. So I knew the 1st 3 songs well (didn't take much to get me on the road...), but then it began to pale both in terms of what I rememebred and what it sounded like.

I think Morrissey was bigging up the singer at the time as having a great voice. Despite the radical politics, they were definitely meat n 2 veg rock in terms of sound.

Oh and when they played Wolves Poly a couple of female acquaintances took a shine to the singer and 'went backstage' (in reality a glassed-in room out front).
When they turned up later at a party, we asked whether they got anywhere chatting him up, but he had been quizzing them on whether they voted Labour/what did they know about the struggle in Ireland etc. Not a winning stratgey with those particular 'chicks.'

Posts: 3320 | From: Goodbye Arganzuela, hallo Tyne & Wear | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC