This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » Music » Dig!! Lazarus Dig!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dig!! Lazarus Dig!!
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The new Nick Cave album.

I bought it earlier today and I've played it through twice. I'll be playing it a lot more than that over the next weeks and months.

Even by Cave's high standards this is an exceptional piece of work. A little more uptempo and garagey-sounding than a lot of his output, but the quality of the songs and playing is sublime.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, it's excellent. "We Call Upon The Author" is my favourite at the moment, along with the title track.

The whole Grinderman project seems to have kicked a bit of life back into him.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed, 'We Call Upon The Author' is great but 'Midnight Man' is the song currently on repeat mode.

Several will get their turn, though.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't get on so well with this style of Nick Cave material like I didn't get on so much with Grinderman. 'We Call Upon The Author' is the one track I really did like however.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toxteth O'Grady
Member # 943

- posted      Profile for Toxteth O'Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The closing track, More News From Nowhere, is a particular fave of mine at the moment. Presumably the "Miss Polly" in the lyrics is a reference to PJ Harvey? Get over her man, for god's sake!
Posts: 518 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rats, I thought it was going to be about this pretty good christian psych-folk 1971 band.
Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC