This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » invisible men (and women) (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: invisible men (and women)
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The voice that told Peter Graves the tape would self-destruct in five seconds in Mission Impossible. You heard him but never saw him. Pity that. You could've had an episode where Graves hooks up with the disembodied voice for a swift one at the local bar after said mission had been achieved.

"This tape will self-destruct in five seconds. By the way, Mr. Phelps, there's a lovely little bar just around the corner and I'm wondering if you'd like to..."

Phfsssssst...

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty certain that my uncle went to school with Bernie The Bolt (or one of them, if there was more than one of them).

Was Orson, on Mork & Mindy, ever seen on camera?

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No. Just this voice which sounded like the ones you got in the opening credits of every Quinn Martin-produced cop series.

The Big Giant Head from Third Rock From The Sun. Always heard (via the thin dim one) but never seen.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There seems to be something of a theme developing here: if you're an aspiring young actor seeking exposure and wanting to be seen on film and television, don't typecast yourself as:

a. an alien overlord
b. a domineering wife

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

Well, those particular offscreen types don't really exist today do they (unless I've missed a few)? And it's also interesting to note that the offscreen presence card has been played in mostly wildly successful shows as opposed to complete clinkers.
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

There should always be a place on the television for the alien overlord.

I should also take this opportunity to mention Joe Maplin, from Hi-de-Hi.

ian .64
Member # 122

I think there should be a thread where we nominate characters that should've stayed offscreen instead of stinking up the place with their presence.

Anything with Joan Collins in for a start.

My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Bond. imagine shooting the entire 007 series, but having to keep James Bond offscreen.

[ 12.10.2006, 10:22: Message edited by: Major Eazy ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The baddie on Inspector Gadget. You only saw his fist. And his cat. Not connected to each other.
Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

James Bond. imagine shooting the entire 007 series, but having to keep James Bond offscreen.

I once dallied with the fantasy where a rival operative in Bond's department, hating his guts, had every name on his official documentation and identification changed to James D. Nob.

Childish, I know.

[ 12.10.2006, 10:34: Message edited by: ian 64 ]

ian .64
Member # 122

I was going to delete the above post on grounds of idiocy, but then I thought, 'nah, warts n' all'.
noby
Member # 1429

- posted      Profile for noby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.1
Or was it No.6 all along?

Posts: 434 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

Ian: That post gave me my first coffee/monitor-interface, spluttering laugh out loud moment of the day, so thanks for leaving that in.
Houdi Elbow
Member # 126

- posted      Profile for Houdi Elbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mick Belker's Mum in Hill Street Blues.

"[Sigh]. Hi Mom."

Posts: 879 | From: ATV Land | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janik
Member # 54

- posted      Profile for Janik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Thing Upstairs, and much of what was under the trapdoor, in Trapdoor
Ismbard, the narrator, on Dangermouse

Posts: 6487 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC