This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » 2 dead iraqis (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: 2 dead iraqis
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
apparently they've killed Uday and Qusay hussein, which is big news, though one would have thought it should have been among the bare minimum of war aims

[ 22-07-2003, 21:07: Message edited by: and I am the life ]

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How soon do you think we can raise TQM's blood pressure such that he has to go on medication?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pedantic bastard.

Well they've confirmed it.

It probably means that Saddam is still somewhere in Iraq because you assume that they would have gone with him, which means that there will be a very big propaganda fest about how the invasion of Iraq was a big success.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder* how hard they tried to capture them alive and give them a trial.

(I use the word "wonder" in it's loosest possible, semi-ironic, I-already-know-the-answer kind of way)

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

I think it odd that only four people are reported to have been killed. The two boys and one of their sons along with their cousin. It's like they were alone in the building or something.
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An article I just read suggested that this might put a dent in Iraqi resistance in the region...

which reminded me, I heard a report in the last week or so that a group of radicals connected to Bin Laden was claiming that it was they (not the Baath) who were organizing the resistance. Can anybody give an update on this story/claim?

(They (the sons) were both crazy f***s, so it's probably good riddance, but I do wonder if more people weren't killed...)

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

I think the occupiers are dreaming if they think that killing Saddam and his offspring is going to stop the resistance. It'll just serve to confirm that it's not coming from Saddam-ists.
The Quiet Man
Member # 506

- posted      Profile for The Quiet Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(I use the word "wonder" in it's loosest possible, semi-ironic, I-already-know-the-answer kind of way)
Auugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh
Posts: 6639 | From: The Chestnut Tree Café | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still, though, it's a good thing that they're dead, I would venture.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

It'll just serve to confirm that it's not coming from Saddam-ists.

saddamites surely? It was a six hour gunbattles involving 200 soldiers and helicopter gunships. If at the end of those six hours only four people were killed, I would be very very surprised.

and I am the life
Member # 227

Five killed, four injured.

nine people carried out a six hour gun battle?

Uday and Qusay had only five underlings with them? Hmmm

jason voorhees
Member # 79

- posted      Profile for jason voorhees     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our boys have done the impossible: They've made Uday and Quasay into gun-slingin' martyrs. 9 people held off the 101st Airborne for 4 hours ? Not bad. They'll just superimpose their faces over Pacino's in Scarface, and that's this week's Sunday Night Movie on Al Jazeera.

This will put a big dent in the Iraqi resistance. A huge dent in bullet stockpiles. The bottom line is that this is Vietnam Part II. The hilarious part will be watching what the Bush-Wolfowitz-Rumsfeld-Cheney say after Saddam is killed, and we still have 19-year-olds getting whacked every night.

Posts: 9565 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Tony Montana. Or Uday and Qusay as a latter-day Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. The boys went out with a big party.

I think the death toll of four Iraqis in da house is not implausible. Reports have it that it was the owner of the villa the Sadam boyz commandeered who alerted the US as to their whereabouts. It's safe to say that the landlord and his family made some sort of provision for absenting themselves for the duration of the shoot-out.

We don't really know whether the Saddam boys' killing will increase or decrease attacks on US forces, or whether the situation will remain constant. But the mere idea of the US predicting that these attacks will decrease would suggest that they won't. Just a hunch based on the experience of the US getting everything about Iraq totally wrong.

[ 23-07-2003, 08:58: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone heard any US or UK politician express condolences for the kid that was killed? Or doesn't he matter in the scheme of things?

Can't say I give a fuck about Uday or Qusay, except in the sense that it might for no good reason take the heat off Bush and Blair (doubt it will actually).

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just like to say that I don't believe in the concept of glorious military deeds, whether performed by Saddam's sons, Rambo and his heirs or Scarface.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC