This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Now that's what I call an intelligence failure (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Now that's what I call an intelligence failure
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quite possibly the stupidest, crassest thing I've ever heard of.

As Rumsfeld himself would say: "Is this nuts? Of course it is."

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Quiet Man
Member # 506

- posted      Profile for The Quiet Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful.

Rumsfeld is Eric Cartman, isn't he?

Posts: 6639 | From: The Chestnut Tree Café | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What price can I get on someone assassinating Bush? Or stringing Paul Bremer up from a lamppost in downtown Baghdad, Mussolini styleee?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thom
Member # 42

- posted      Profile for thom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Posts: 3135 | From: The heart of Midlothian | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amor de Cosmos
Member # 87

- posted      Profile for Amor de Cosmos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not in the least bit surprising. After a generation of bleating about the ineffectivess and wastefulness of government and how the private sector could do the job much more efficiently North Americans have got what they asked for.
Posts: 7138 | From: here you can't get there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andy C
Member # 51

- posted      Profile for Andy C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliant. I could do with some extra cash right now. All I need is to borrow the price of one of The Purple Cow's Balkan hitmen, and enough money for a reasonable punt on a poisoned flourbomb attack on Condoleeza Rice at 30-1, or maybe even double-carpet, and I'm made.
Posts: 8328 | From: Hampstead Norreys no more | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And they're off...
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to work for a company that did this - they made a lot of money trading on the war. still trading on when saddam will be caught. he's rated around an 11-4 shot to be still at large by december 31.

by the way, gambling of this sort is completely illegal in america. maybe legislation exempting the pentagon from the rules is buried somewhere in the patriot act.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if they had plans for accumulators or double yankees (Bush and Cheney) and the like
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Quiet Man
Member # 506

- posted      Profile for The Quiet Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pedant writes: Bush is not a Yankee.
Posts: 6639 | From: The Chestnut Tree Café | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

He spends his summers in Maine, and went to college in Connecticut. He's close.
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's an old saying (hey, I sound like Dubya himself) that goes "If your cat had kittens in the oven, you wouldn't call them biscuits."
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
junior is descended from a line of eastern bluebloods. george senior moved south to make his fortune after finishing at yale. he and his senator daddy were both 100% yankee. by my calculations, GWB is 75% yankee.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a great idea. Fundamentalist Islamic terrorists obviously love gambling, and wouldn't be able to resist a little side action and expose their plans. And think of the booming business in those betting phonelines...

quote:
Honest Achmed - The Man The Bookies (and the CIA and MI5) Can't Beat...Saddam Hussein is my LOCK OF THE WEEK...nice runner currently in Jordan garage ready to beat the odds...
The more you think about it, the more you realise what a bunch of fuckwitted gibbons the Pentagon are. Hadn't it occured to them that had they put this into place two years ago, they'd have had to pay out on that plane that crashed into their own building?

In any case, you were being asked to predict something that the Pentagon would then have been able to stop, preventing you from winning your bet. That's like a bookie nobbling the favourite in the Derby.

They could have called it HamasDaq.

[ 29-07-2003, 21:55: Message edited by: Nishlord ]

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Quiet Man
Member # 506

quote:
"If your cat had kittens in the oven, you wouldn't call them biscuits."
It took me a while to work that out, but isn't it basically the same as Wellington's notorious "being born in a stable does not make one a horse"?

There's an enormous monument in Dublin dedicated to that man. Any chance of having it removed?

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC