This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has just appeared in the middle of Lancaster. I wasn't expecting that. And it wasn't there at five thirty this morning when I was walking home. It's a bit Musicians of Bremen, I guess. Not sure the relevance so I'll have to go and investigate.

Mind-boggling, really.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next time you walk past, I expect there will be a large crowd worshipping it.
Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Watford has it's own giant Hornet statue outside the entrance of the McDonalds near the Harlequin.

It's craptacular.

Also it's where all the wannabe homies chill with their mates drinking milkshakes and throwing chewing gum on the floor.

And then down the other end of town near the pond is a large 3d W that is made of multi coloured tiles, presumably when Topps Tiles took to big a delivery... That was our millenium celbration would you believe.

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
disturbingly, perhaps, the rabbit is clearly flaunting a set of breasts, the filthy rabbit whore. i demand to be told how much of my council tax was spent erecting a monument to such salacious lepine exhibitionism; but first i want to know what kind of kinky fixation the sculptor had to get off on making a rabbit with tits.

[ 27-05-2004, 15:04: Message edited by: mumpo ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On closer inspection (once I managed to fight my way through the massed throngs of awe-struck worshippers for a better look) I reckon it's not a donkey but a horse. It's too proud and athletic to be a donkey.

Apparently it's part of some collection currently on display in some gallery. Details are hazy at the moment, but my people (Lyncho and Sean)are working on it as I type.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yeah, the donkeys clearly telling the mortal enemies that are the fox and the rabbit to lay down their never-ending hatred and use some form of public transport.
Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my favourite ever public statue was in luton's arndale centre. it was a pyramid of six enormous pink flamingoes. i used to stare at it in awe when i was about six or seven. huge pink flamingoes, three at the base, two on their shoulders (yes, they do) and one at the top. fantastic.

my least favourite ever public statue was the big spiky metal clock tower in dunstable shopping centre. it was (and for all i know still is) all sharp angles and twisted pipes, and the sight of it used to have me cowering behind my grandad for shelter. hopefully it has long since been ripped from its foundations and no longer scares the children of dunstable witless.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

and by the miracle of google, here they are.

-

not in colour, unfortunately.

-

you have to admit, that is one terrifying clock.

Barndoorio
Member # 69

- posted      Profile for Barndoorio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Intrigued to see if I could find a picture, I went and had a look on't web.

I didn't find one, but I did find a fantastic list of events coming up in lancaster.

It's like a timewarp: http://www.lancaster.gov.uk/Content.asp?id=SXD950-A77FE628

Posts: 5360 | From: Glorious Taunton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

oh yeah, we're spoilt for choice. bob geldof, midge ure and colin 'well out of tune that time he did top of the pops' vearncombe all in the space of a week.

for those of you who are now understandably tempted to immediately up sticks to lancaster, i should warn you we don't always have it this good.

Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was walking around Montreux once in the evening, when to my great suprise I came across this (I honestly had no idea it was there beforehand):

-

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a pub at the bottom of my road that regularly has a band playing that do Judas Priest covers.

"BreakingthelawBreakingthelaw"

That one mainly. And they do Solid Gold Easy Action. And Broken Down Angel by Nazareth.

Appearance wise - sort of Creme Brulee without the stage gear.

Sorry, that's completely off-topic isn't it? They're fucking ace anyway.

Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In recent years Geneva had some cracking/crackers exemple of public art.

The "chip" in the eighties, a yellow rectangular box by the lake, that looked like a giant chip.
No one knew what it was about but taggers soon find an use for it which apparently delighted the conceptor.

Peter Greenaway set up a project also, a year long thing, in which he would build a stairway with
a camera visor on top targetting a particular spot (a famous grave or nice view in the old town).
At first everyon thought "bollocks" but it was a huge success, it really allowed people to
"rediscover" the city.

At Chrismax now, we have conceptual christmas trees all over the city, something to rething
the way we look at christmas you know.

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stumpy:

http://www.montreux.ch/queen/

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

The Queen tribute band bear absolutely no resemblance to the members of Queen whatsoever. You'd think they'd pop some wigs on.

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC