This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back
PR7th Heaven
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for PR7th Heaven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like that Peter the Great statue. For those who haven't seen it, it should be noted that it is something like 100ft tall if not more.

When I heard there was a statue of Godzilla in Tokyo, I thought "I must see this". Imagine my disappointment:

-

I like the one on Marnixstraat in Amsterdam of the guy with no head running with a violin in his hand:

here it is

Posts: 906 | From: The other end of Stretford | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now what? Now there's some sort of French style market in town. Cheese stalls, a baguette wagon, ham and sausages, handbags, delicate pastries and sweets. It's barmy, this place.

The woman on the pancake (or crÍpe, as she insists on calling them) stall is rocket fit. Seriously. I've had seven pancakes already, and I reckon I could manage a few more. I put it down to clever marketing.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where's the photo then? Now that mumpo's started it, we expect nothing other than a photographic diary of life in Lancaster.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it about statues of rabbits.

I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned this one in the past.

The photo doesn't quite do it justice as it doesn't reveal that the rabbit in question as been jammed into a wooden crate and there are several baby rabbits (kittens?) wedged in there as well. And there is an idealised brass Peter-style rabbit in front of it. No explanation given, it's just there.

But that's Nuremberg for you. They like statues like that. And this. And this. And this.

Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

[edit: on reflection, perhaps not the best use of the last fifteen minutes.]

[ 28-05-2004, 12:29: Message edited by: mumpo ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Balderdasha
Member # 109

- posted      Profile for Balderdasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a woman??!
Posts: 1660 | From: age frais | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have subtly manipulated a photo for comic effect so that the head of a crepe making lady has been replaced by that of manchester united starlet cristiano ronaldo, on the hilarious assumption that EIM might find a lady with the head of cristiano ronaldo - or, indeed, cristiano ronaldo himself with breasts - 'rocket fit'.

[ 28-05-2004, 13:02: Message edited by: mumpo ]

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Balderdasha
Member # 109

- posted      Profile for Balderdasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, dropped myself in it there. See, I wouldn't recognise any of these football players seeing as I have no interest in them whatsoever. And I also wouldn't recognise a photoshop job seeing as I have no computer skills whatsoever.
Posts: 1660 | From: age frais | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The most bizarre statue I've ever seen is this Jacob Epstein created sculpture of St Michael triumphing over the Devil:  - which is stuck on the isde of Coventry Cathedral. Doesn't look so odd from this angle, but if you walk up the steps to the Cathedral door you get a great view of satan's inter-leg area, which is far larger and more anatomically detailed than you would think would be considered proper for a church. You do have to wonder if Epstein, who presumably wasn't a practising Christian might not have been having a bit of a joke. If so it backfired as he dropped dead between completing the work and it's instllation a year later.
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mat Pereira
Member # 43

- posted      Profile for Mat Pereira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
St Micheal should have been sent off for that challenge, clearly.
Posts: 9018 | From: The Sticks | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Hedley>No, satan is faking it. It's a clear case of the diving cheating crap I've come to expect from those diabolical Porto players</Hedley>
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beloved aunt
Member # 703

- posted      Profile for beloved aunt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from basingstoke. this is quite something

-

Posts: 154 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a statue in Boston which represents Irish immigration to the city/the US. It consists of two distinct bits - this happy striding stepford family of healthy contented Irish Americans, and its counterpoint, a family of starving emaciated desperate miserable Irish who didn't come.

Here's a picture, but you really have to see it up close to really get the full effect of the artist's, errrm, "vision".

[ 28-05-2004, 18:22: Message edited by: ad hoc ]

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EIM and mumpo, a "French market" was in Chorley last weekend, and I'd bet it's the same crowd. Two years ago when I lived in Hitchin, I'm pretty sure the same bunch turned up there as well. I reckon they're like a travelling circus, and I wonder if their produce is really "French" at all, or if they've gone down to Tesco that morning, bought a load of brie, honey and cider, and re-packaged it to sell at 100% profit?

My god I'm getting cynical in my old age. Sorry everyone.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coffy will be familiar with this sculpture, located on the Glaxo Smithkline building in Philadelphia.

I don't know why exactly, but it gives me the creeps. The fact that it's attached to a pharmaceutical company's building adds to the creepiness factor.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC