This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: A statue of a donkey with a rabbit and a fox on it's back
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Petrovich, there is a long history of non-believers being hired to do church. A friend of my dad by the name of Seamus Murphy was a relatively famous Communist Atheist sculptor in Cork.

He was asked to do the statue of the virgin Mary for the new church in Mayfield in Cork, Roy Keane's parish church I suppose.

The church committee were very exact about what they wanted. If only they were so careful when designing the hideous church. I think they just asked for any ould shite and thats what they got.

But one thing they were most specific about was that the virgin mary was going to have a gold halo. There was much protesting from the sculptor about the effect of the sheer gaudiness on the beauty of his creation. That and its fucking really hard to carve a halo.

Angered by the phillistinism of the people that he was working for, he dipped a bicycle inner tube in quick drying concrete and painted it gold. The halo is still there in all its hideous glory but the gold paint has long flecked away.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danger Mouse
Member # 111

- posted      Profile for Danger Mouse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a French market in Sheffield about a month ago as well.

Whether they just nab stuff from Tesco I've no idea, but they are a travelling thingymajig.

Posts: 2176 | From: Baker Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
what's his name, the number 10....
Member # 588

- posted      Profile for what's his name, the number 10....     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best statue I think there is.
 -

The inscription, in four languages, says

"The great appear great because we are on our knees. Let us rise."

Jim Larkin, the great Trade Unionist.
A leader of Keano proportions.

Posts: 4145 | From: acts of manual sexual altruism | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
enormous hands as well. just look at them
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"he dipped a bicycle inner tube in quick drying concrete and painted it gold. The halo is still there in all its hideous glory but the gold paint has long flecked away."

Not really in the same league as the 18" phallus of beelzebub though is it?

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

in fifties Ireland it was.
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is the greatest statue in the world:
 -

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scouseroo
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Scouseroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely Wokings "Martian Walking Engine" takes some beating....

-

[ 30-05-2004, 09:47: Message edited by: Scouseroo ]

Posts: 797 | From: a land girt by sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Murray Mexted
Member # 707

- posted      Profile for Murray Mexted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<Hedley>No, satan is faking it. It's a clear case of the diving cheating crap I've come to expect from those diabolical Porto players</Hedley>

You are only half-right Ad Hoc. Porto themselves are The Great Satan.

Gas them all like badgers.

[ 30-05-2004, 09:49: Message edited by: Hedley Lamarr ]

Posts: 8483 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC