This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Merry Christmas Kenny Richey ! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Merry Christmas Kenny Richey !
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well yeah, but we should probably start with the people who are probably innocent
Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul just out of seasonal curiosity, but what exactly is the difference between this bloke's case against being summarily executed and the cases against the British Soldiers in WW1 whose executions you were so fervently in favour of?
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well yeah, but we should probably start with the people who are probably innocent
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No.

We should start by getting the death penalty abolished, so that those who are innocent don't face the possibility of it being enacted.

You're confusing what are miscarriages of justice, and failings within a legal system with an odious, out-dated, and plain fucking evil practice.

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
New Jersey has just officially abolished the death penalty, I'm proud to report. Of course, I don't think we've executed anyone in more than thirty years anyway, but now it won't even be an option in sentencing.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news, M.

You should be rightly proud of that!

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Justice may be the winner here, but people who enjoy making South Park gags are the losers.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to think that the Sopranos played a part in awakening the legislators to the fact that violent sociopathic criminals can be sensitive feeling people too, when the mood takes them.
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never really understood why people who oppose the death penalty because "killing is wrong" are so dismissive of those of us who oppose it because of the certainty that it will be used to kill the innocent and the mitigated.

If I don't think "killing is wrong" (and I don't, not in general), does that mean I should support the death penalty? Don't you want us lot on your side on this?

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly, like, what part of 'killing is wrong' do they not understand?

Spock - Ha ha, perhaps it did.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul S
Member # 75

- posted      Profile for Paul S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Finally released. After 20 years on death row, Kenny Richey will be home by Wednesday.

BBC story here

I don't know how well he will fit back into society though. A number of prisoners wrongly convicted in this way have dreadful problems when they return to societty, becoming homless, alcoholics and drug addicts.

I think there's a charity dedicated to helping people like Richey. It was started by one of the Birmingham five, if my memory serves me correctly.

Posts: 2400 | From: Plastered over the Maplin Sands | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gus Tomato
Member # 467

- posted      Profile for Gus Tomato         Edit/Delete Post 
Birmingham Five??
Posts: 4506 | From: Hades | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presumably there's one of the Birmingham Six about whose innocence Paul still has reservations.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he means The Twang.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC