This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » The Guardian-Reading Lot (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The Guardian-Reading Lot
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get annoyed, Wictred. It's just a annoying little wind-up trip he's on.

Imagine stereotyping TG, though.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GO - Do you know that guy? He's got the same name as you, and he supports Rotherham. That's kinda spooky.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imp
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for imp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very important letter - it needed saying and I'm glad GO had the guts to stand up and say it.
Posts: 4427 | From: such great heights | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly. That told 'em.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In class today, the professor that I am a TA for called the Guardian "the world's best English-language paper" and said it was "probably the most accurate paper in the world."

Thought you'd all be interested in that.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing is, The Guardian is pretty much the one paper in the UK that is closest to my own beliefs, but only because it's a million miles away, as oppossed to the several billion light years away that the Mail, Express and Sun are. It's a slightly less horrible newspaper. That's all.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's a slightly less horrible newspaper. That's all.
I have found it more interesting, as well. But, on both counts, much less so as time goes on. I'd buy the Guardian for David Conn, but apart from him I'd buy The Independent by preference.

Not that The Independent is less than a million miles from me.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pernickety False Fine Gaeler
Member # 2484

- posted      Profile for Pernickety False Fine Gaeler         Edit/Delete Post 
The big colour splashes fronting the Indy put me off a bit. Although I prefer that it has fewer sections than the Graun. Saturday, with about nine, is a right pain.
Posts: 344 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Independent is following its tradition of "a view from the other side" by giving space to the appalling Dominic Lawson. I wouldn't mind a libertarian who might say the interesting thing about sex and drugs along the way, and teach me a bit about John Stuart Mill. But Lawson is libertarian chiefly on bits that involve money and authoritarian on the rest.
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awful, self-congratulatory toad of a man. Then again, though, every now and again they let Mark Steel do a column, which is always hilarious. Swings and roundabouts with the Indie.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I'm not having that, Tubby's a good bloke, you just need to get to know him better.

[ 23.02.2007, 14:30: Message edited by: You Are The Ref ]

Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC