This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » This knocks Spearmint Rhino into a cocked hat (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: This knocks Spearmint Rhino into a cocked hat
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So as not to be outdone by his excellent piece for the Sindy on Live 8, I thought I'd post something I today have submitted for publication.

It's for the Battersea Dog and Cats Home Magazine, Paws. And, er, I've written it as though I'm my cat.

Hello, Thought I'd write because it's about a year since I was in Battersea. The people there were very good to me, helping me get over the trauma of straying. Still, it was good to find a new home almost straight away. I think my new owner was impressed that I purred when he stroked me!

Anyway, my new owner is very happy with me. He gave me a new name, Alice, which I like a lot but sometimes I still think I'm called Courtney. I'm a very shy cat and won't go outside but I'm very friendly around the house. My favourite part of the day is before I go to bed when we sit and read our book together. Well, he reads and I rub my head against the book.

Yours

Chris Manners, London E2

PS It's a good idea that you've changed the name so everyone knows about the cats.
PPS Here is a picture of me!

If you think I'm going soft in the head, I defy you to read a magazine about cats without the same happening to you.

Bet the bastards will cut all the politics out of it. That's why I've reproduced the whole of the piece here.

How low would it be if my letter doesn't get used, eh?

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnson Quicksmith
Member # 1171

- posted      Profile for Johnson Quicksmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah shit, that reminds me. I used to have a 'club' set up around my cat. I wrote a newsletter and everything. He even got fan mail from other cats. How fucking humiliating.
Posts: 893 | From: Get Cougarised | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You weren't 33 when you did that though, were you?
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnson Quicksmith
Member # 1171

- posted      Profile for Johnson Quicksmith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, true.
Posts: 893 | From: Get Cougarised | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not a Gwenter
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Not a Gwenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not fussed on cats. But if I ended up with a black labrador from Battersea Dogs home I guarantee that I would be writing an equally dopey letter, with even more pictures.
Posts: 559 | From: Back in Cardiff! Norfolk was an interesting experience, for sure. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliban3
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for Caliban3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"My cat" wrote a dopey letter to the vet when I got married. "Due to my owner's recent marriage, please note that my last name has now changed" etc. They make you do these soppy things, cats.
Posts: 2813 | From: The Tempest | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EFS, you haven't in actual fact named your cat after yourself, have you? Or is it (sweet Jesus, no) that you've changed your own name to be the same as that of your cat?

Anyway, that potential lunacy aside, what about posting a photo here (of the cat)?

Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

Surnames, that's good point. I should have made it clear that it's Alice Manners.
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

Furtho, she's on OTF pets, I think. She looks better than my slum house, as I recall.

Your cat looks mighty fine on there.

Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah yes, sorry... could you remind me of the link again, please?
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

http://www.onetouchfootball.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=006884#000002

3rd post down.

Furtho
Member # 902

Aw, she's a sweetie, EFS. What were the circs of her being in Battersea, if I can ask?
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I defy you to read a magazine about cats without the same happening to you.
You're on. Shall we say twenty quid?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm so happy to be allergic to cats, one of the few mammals i loathe with a genuine (yet, allergy aside, utterly irrational - don't ask me to explain it) passion. nature has blessed me.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caliban3
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for Caliban3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Furtho's cat looks just like Molly used to (RIP)
Posts: 2813 | From: The Tempest | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC