This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Useless Comic Characters (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Useless Comic Characters
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ever since he had to move about above water with his head in a bowl of water he's been laughable.
When was that?
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Foster
Member # 819

- posted      Profile for William Foster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
erm... on Super Friends ?

Ah crap - you got me... it was my imagination (I swear I've seen it though)... still, fishy people... not got much going for them do they ? Eh ? Eh ?

[ 12.10.2005, 21:57: Message edited by: Max Average ]

Posts: 1155 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Superfriends doesn't count. That show was written and animated by brain damaged monkeys, and it certainly isn't remotely part of the DC Universe continuity.

Namor

Aquaman

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Forget coming out of the water

Not that it makes them useless.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liberty Lad was rubbish.
 -

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Element Lad, aka Jan Arrah, was often speculated to be gay in the late 1960s, early 1970s. In the late 1970s/early 1980s, he began dating a female named Shvaughn Erin. In 1991 or 1992, it was revealed that Shvaughn was really a man named Sean, who took gender altering drugs because he was in love with Jan and wanted to be with him. Jan then told Sean that he didn't care one way or the other about the gender of his lover.
Would that be one of the few Irish super heroes, and don’t you think it was cunning of Sean to call himself Shag, phonetically?

You’d never learn this kind of stuff without the Internet

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Make your own rubbish super heroes and villains:

http://kronocide.com/name_gen/index.cgi

quote:
Striding out of the candy store, wielding a thorned whip, cometh Sharpshooterdinanaq! And he gives a spectacular grunt:

"This one's for you, mom! I plunder with God on my side!!!"

[ 12.10.2005, 22:39: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

"Where evil lurks, there is work for Arcan Canuck !"
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

I got

"Where evil lurks, there is work for Hercury!"

Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prowling on the wasteland, swinging a thorned whip, cometh Boring Lamero! And he gives an ominous howl:

"For the love of carnage and discord, I bring annihilation and cheap beer!"

and this one is probably more my stylee:

Zang! Who is that, sprinting out of the mini-mall parking lot! It is Attumano, hands clutching a reflective halberd! He screams vengefully:

"I'm going to spank you until you turn inside-out, and dip you in uranium!!"

[ 12.10.2005, 22:51: Message edited by: AttJ ]

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Actual LOL. Boring Lamero is a brilliant name.
Balderdasha
Member # 109

- posted      Profile for Balderdasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Balderdashadeaway Mareckerer

"In 24 hours, I, Balderdashadeaway Mareckerer, will rule the universe!"

Or

Balderstronjaw

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? It's Balderstronjaw!"

Running over the terrain, clutching a sharpened screwdriver, cometh Balderstronjaw! And she gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

"I'm going to pulverize you like a rabid gangsta bitch, and sever every head in sight!!!"

(The second one is apparently meant to be a good character.)

Posts: 1660 | From: age frais | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So far as I remember Captain America only had that stupid shield and a case of post traumatic stress disorder.
I refute that statement. Cap's great. Up until very recently, he had the Super Soldier Serum, which had transformed him from an 8 stone weekling into the ubermensch he became (oh, the irony). Also, he manages to defeat lots of people more powerful than him on a regular basis. And he bosses the Avengers.

And unlike US Agent, he's not a total headcase.

Namor was cool. He had to off his wife, poor fellow...

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Marine Boy used "oxagum"
Whilst I acknowledge that there are probably hotter topics than this, and Google, on balance, supports your statement, I categorically remember Marine Boy spouting off about oxygen tablets in the TV series. I've never heard of oxagum.

It's improbable, but perhaps Welsh broadcasts were dubbed differently.

Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'oxagum'? in Somerset that's a type of polygon.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC