This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » dodgy loans (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: dodgy loans
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a total longshot, but does anyone know of any company which gives loans (around 500) to people with poor credit ratings. The loan is for unpaid rent. I'm expecting a nil thread so don't worry, but any advice would be appreciated.
Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William Foster
Member # 819

- posted      Profile for William Foster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried these people ?
Posts: 1155 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Payday lenders are notorious for their rates and their small print, so be very careful if you do use them.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers for the help, but isn't that a US company? Do they have any offices/contact number in the UK? [Confused]
Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just hate those types of buggers for their crapulent telly ads. The fuckers. Admiral, with the truly fucking irritating CGI parrot, cheapo studio one-colour backdrops and wanky actors, deserve a shower of steamy turds instead of the custom of needy folk, who, after watching the two minute barrels of visual shite, will, hopefully, look elsewhere.

Carry on. I did, just then.

Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gt
Member # 659

- posted      Profile for gt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried zopa.com?
Posts: 570 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Admiral a car insurance company?
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, yes, but I'm cutting myself some slack as such advertisements seem to be made of the same execrable stuff (cheap, shitty lack of imagination) loan ads possess.
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
True. None seem quite so bad as elephant dot co dot uk, though; a man in an elephant suit trying to make me part with hundreds of pounds.
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but ian, how sophisticated would you like these ads to be? cosmopolitan, recherche figures lounging over balconies enjoying panoramic vistas of the Aosta Valley, sipping dry Martinis as they extoll the virtues of 4% APR finance deals?
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

I'd love to be a cosmopolitan, recherche figure lounging over a balcony, enjoying panoramic vistas of the Aosta Valley, sipping a dry Martini, never mind seeing one flogging me loans.

I think an underlying hucksterism - 'shitting yourself because of your extreme financial troubles? We're your only hope!' - allied with the cheap, dull irritation the ads convey pisses me off. Perhaps I'm wrong about that, but nevertheless, they just irk me to the corners of the earth.

The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't, whatever you do, turn to the "informal lending sector". Whatever you do.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i'm with Ian, i absolutely hate those adverts. I hate to see them cos if i see three in a row I know I'm probably watching day-time cable tv, and I therefore become instantly aware that my life is slipping past me.

now repeatedly posting on OTF, there's a worthwhile endeavour.

Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horse
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for The Horse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could try here perhaps.
Posts: 8111 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All celebrity loan-shark advertisers (Vorderman, Tuffnell, the usual desperate for any kind of media attention whores) should have their bank accounts frozen, loaned the value of their accounts, and then forced to work for minimum wage until it's paid off, then tell us how good these companies are.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC