This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Pool (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pool
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<smacks with slight stun, cracks into side of the pack quite high up. Yellow dribbles towards pocket but doesn't quite go in.>
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and it's one on the black in this pub
Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oolon Colluphid LLB
Member # 123

- posted      Profile for Oolon Colluphid LLB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
<goes to pot yellow but misses completely - two shots to E10 Rifle>
Posts: 3194 | From: a Distance' is a rubbish song | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No its not, its a free ball.

No, its two shots.

no its a free ball.

Dammit man, its two shots!

<ad infinitum>

Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The 7th Baron Bartok
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for The 7th Baron Bartok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's here.
Posts: 4840 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guy Potger
Member # 1315

- posted      Profile for Guy Potger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are we playing "World Rules" here, or "pub rules"?

(And it's trolleys around the ankles, and dash round the table if you're 7-balled from anything but the break)

Posts: 2834 | From: Sheffield | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
and it's one on the black in this pub
And in every other pub as I would hope.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No it isn't. One on the black's a shit rule.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"One on the black" means that you only get one shot if you're on the black and your opponent fouls? Or something else?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is why I stopped playing pool.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ad hoc, I remember playing pool in Budapest with some locals who taught me 'Hungarian Rules'. I was very drunk though, so I've never been able to remember them since.

Do you have any knowledge of these rules?

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, I've never actually played here. As long as you know them in advance all rules are OK by me. (Except the one I have encountered a couple of times by which the cue ball can be moved away from the cushion should it end up resting there. That, obviously, is an utterly shit rule)
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treibeis
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for treibeis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In some pubs in Germany, there's no "two shots for a foul" rule. In fact, you're not penalised at all for a foul. Theoretically, you could pick up one of the balls and hoy it through the window and you still wouldn't be pulled up for it (the landlord might giving you a good kicking, of course, but you wouldn't concede two shots).
Posts: 1298 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

I've seen the following after a foul shot:
1. Move the white anywhere you want (regardless of the type of foul)
2. Have two turns
3. Have two turns provided you don't pot anything with the first turn
4. No penalty (unless as a result of foul you are snookered, in which case you have a free ball)

ad hoc
Member # 52

Then there are the myriad rules once you're on the black:
1. Foul on the black lose the game, regardless of the type of foul
2. Pot the black and foul at the same time, lose the game
3. Name your pocket once and once only and stick to it
4. Name your pocket before each attempt
5. Don't have to name a pocket.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC