This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » '"Overcome" Homosexuality' (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: '"Overcome" Homosexuality'
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the question was reasonable? Make your mind up.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr smith
Member # 1345

- posted      Profile for mr smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry G-Man but my question was a genuine. You are a very smug and patronizing fellow.
Posts: 228 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a reasonable question that was posed in an unreasonable context (in light of mr smith's previous posts). That's why toro didn't answer it. Or he didn't answer it because it was, as you suggested, rhetorical. Either way, he was entitled to give mr smith shirt shrift.

mr smith, and I answered your question. mr smith, you'll find that apart from being smug and patronising, I am also a disgusting apologist for the cover-up of child abuse, apparently. So watch out, I'm pretty much the most evil man on OTF.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
G-Man is entirely right about why I have responded to Mr. Smith in the way I have.

Given the Rufus Wainright comments, I'm now less convinced that he's another poster on a windup. I am more convinced, however, that he's a twat.

Telling someone to fuck off is not useful, intelligent or witty. Nevertheless, fuck off.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh dear, toro. Whatever happened to forgiveness and turning the other cheek?
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, not very "judge not lest ye be judged" of me, is it?
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you think of them, then, toro? The gays?
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 465

Fuckin' disgusting, innit?

Edit: All that gossiping and bwing pop stars, I mean.

[ 01.12.2005, 13:01: Message edited by: y yo soy el toro ]

G-Man
Member # 104

Was that a serious question, Wictred, or are you just joining in the lighthearted tone of this thread?
Member # 465

"Bwing" is a nicely enigmatic typo, isn't it?

I'm going to leave it like that, actually.

Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Semi-serious. I was slightly surprised to see toro defending that "Love the sin, hate the sinner" stuff (or whichever way round it is). Probably, that was just because he objected to the Rhino's combative approach to that discussion--but I do want to tease him out on this, yeah.

Because I'm basically 100% with SR that "hate the sin, love the sinner" is "not fucking good enough", and surely no right-thinking person could disagree?

Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would you be happier with "hate the belief, tolerate the believer"?
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

Yeah. If the belief was actually hateful, that is.
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just trying to work out whether I can see a way of understanding the HTS,LTS thing. And I realised that I can't until I get rid of the word "sin" from it, which just strikes me as a bollocks religious word of no meaning to anyone else.

I'm not sure if I can, actually.

Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

I would have thought that Toro set out his stall when he started the first thread about what was then the rumoured content of that document a couple months ago.

You might remember it; it ended up with SSS fighting with me.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC