This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » OTF Family tree (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: OTF Family tree
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
imp will be delighted

So, once again I notice how many of you seem to know each other or have met. This time itís over in SSSís Beardhammer thread where Leo, SSS, DD and GFDC are lined up in class shot.

It got me wondering, a silly, childish thing, how long could you make a thread if I entered one member, then a) the first of you who knows this member or have met him/her enter your own member name, a story or anecdote about some encounter together with the entry would be the bonus Iím looking for, and b) if you do your best to keep the chain going by not entering your name if you know itíll die with your entry?

It would be silly to start with me, as only Shishko could come next and that would kill it.

There must be at least three other members between each of your own entries.

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll start with Leo

Who knows or has met Leo?

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sat outside in a van, looking through a lens focussed on your sitting room windows, as we speak.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, but Rogin, that red dot on your forehead is the scope of my sniper rifle.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now if I can on;ly figure out who last visited before that ticking sound appeared in the flat I'll
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've met Leo, twice I think. The last time was in a hidden pub in the backstreets of Camden, we were there for this lad's birthday. He (the birthday boy) was sporting a fake black eye.
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What do you do in video games SSS ?
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alright, I'll play.

I've met Leo. The first time was at the launch party of BANG! magazine, for which I had invited him to be a contributor (based on his excellent OTF Music posts). I couldn't hear much of what he was saying, because our special guests The Darkness were playing very loudly, but he seemed like a terribly nice chap.

The next time I remember properly meeting him after that was on Easter Monday this year, when a bunch of us (Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass, Super Sharp Shooter, Diggedy Derek and Mrs Diggedy Derek) embarked on a Haringey pub crawl to mark Derek's birthday. This was the legendary occasion on which the millionaire rockstar's sport of Big Tank Chess was conceived.

Embarrassingly, I didn't know who he was at first, because he'd grown his hair. (Equally embarrassingly, I got his surname wrong on OTF because I wasn't concentrating, and I mistook him for another music journalist called Leo... who is dead).

He's been to Stay Beautiful a few times too, but my next vivid memory of him is the first BigSexyLand, when he was dressed like one of The Hives and seemed badly in need of a shitty stick with which to fight off all the attractive women who were surrounding him. Respect.

There you go, not exactly corking anecdotes, but it's a start.

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

quote:
What do you do in video games SSS ?
My job title is the extremely nebulous 'Creative Manager'. I run the design department (including doing lots of design myself) and stick my oar in generally with the whole day-to-day running of development, coming up with processes and overseeing schedules and so forth.

20 years, man and boy I've been doing this stuff for. And I still can't quite explain what I do.

Actually, mostly I stand around saying "For fuck's sake, what's this? Can we do it again properly please?" I might just write that on a cardboard cutout of myself and spend the rest of my life down the pub.

You work in the industry in some way or other don't you?

[ 29.11.2005, 23:33: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

Just to show how narrow those degrees of seperation are, I've met Leo too.

The first time was at the launch party of BANG! magazine. I couldn't hear much of what he was saying, but he seemed like a terribly nice chap.

The next time I remember properly meeting him after that was on Easter Monday this year, when a bunch of us embarked on a Haringey pub crawl to mark Derek's birthday. This was the legendary occasion on which the millionaire rockstar's sport of Big Tank Chess was conceived.

My next vivid memory of him is the first BigSexyLand, when he was dressed like one of The Hives and seemed badly in need of a shitty stick with which to fight off all the attractive women who were surrounding him. Irritating.

[ 29.11.2005, 23:35: Message edited by: Super Sharp Shooter ]

Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SSS, did you write any Spectrum games?

One of my best friends wrote Loads Of Midnight. No misspelling, sadly.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do, or at least I did until a couple of months ago when I left Sony. Looking for something new now.

I've been a Creative Manager too, with Infogrames in France which basically involved something along the lines you mention - "that's shit, can you do it better please" to loads of people. Or to be more precise "c'est merde, pouvez-vous le faire mieux ?"

Actually I am the Salieri to everyone else's Mozart, I am good at spotting skill and talent in others without being able to do anything of note myself.

Which company are you with ?

[ 29.11.2005, 23:41: Message edited by: dalliance ]

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lent Rogin the van. And the boltcutters. And the vaseline.
Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

quote:
SSS, did you write any Spectrum games?
Yes. But they were all pretty awful, so we won't be discussing those here.
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

quote:
Which company are you with ?
Erm, I will PM you.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC