This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Shit, I forgot to tell you... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Shit, I forgot to tell you...
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remember how I was whining on here a while ago about how I was in a contract I didn't like and had been offered a better one on better money with more prospects etc.etc, except I couldn't accept it because I was only 2 or 3 weeks into this 3 monther with no legal way of getting out?
Well, I put my mate forward and he got the job instead. Great news for him, slightly irritating for me.
<draws breath>
Anyway,
They called me up again the Friday before last asking if I was stillinterested as they definitely were.
So long story short, I bailed my contract and started at the new place on Monday. It's great! Jeans and t-shirt, no phone to answer, right on Blackfriars bridge and a good bunch of people.
Fingers crossed.

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a pub sort of underneath the arches on the north end of Blackfriar's Bridge, where you can look out at the river from under the bridge. I used to work on the Strand, and was going out with a girl who worked near the Tower, and we used to meet there for lunch as a kind of "halfway house". You've just transported me back ten - no, eleven -years, hobbes, thanks.

Oh, and congratulations on the job.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Phil.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nice one! so are you working with your friend aswell? thats always cool.
Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that pub... right next to a gym, as you walk past you get a whiff of the swimmingpool chlorine.
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Express Newspapers?
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good news, hobbes. hope it works out.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats. You're not that far from my office, over there.

There's some pretty good pubs around there. The Black Friar does excellent beer (not that you care) and is very attractive, though it's usually packed, while the Cockpit is dingy but a great local since only the regulars drink there. Also, check out the Heritage sandwich shop on Ludgate Square (towards St Paul's from the station). It's relatively expensive but does the best freshly prepared sandwiches around.

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually Nocturnal, it's in the Express Newspaper's building. Only the Express isn't here anymore. It's UBM/CMP now. No idea where the Express is now, probably hidden away in a dark, dank corner, breeding vitriol and picking scabs.

GY, you're on Fleet Street yeah? Not far form Ludgate Circus. I shall take up your sarnie recommendation tomorrow. Today, I have my own tuna mayo with a little nutmeg and paprika with me.

WOlf, yes I am. We used to work together before, it's how I know him. It's been pretty amusing so far...

Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're working in The Black Lubianka(sp?)? Cool.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pants
Member # 404

- posted      Profile for Pants     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great stuff, Hobbes. Congratulations. I've just had kind of the exact opposite of your experience so I'm feeling a bit pissed off today, but I'm glad things have worked out well for you.
Posts: 3266 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, OK.

TBH, I haven't worked in that area for a while now, hence my ignorance about the building's current occupants. Interesting locale though: very handy for the Tate Modern and the South Bank complex and lots of good pubs and bars in the vicinity.

Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice work hobbes.

See what I did there?

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Hobbes,

I wouldn't go lunchtime drinking on your first week though just in case the server falls over at 3pm.

More jam for you this xmas then.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oolon Colluphid LLB
Member # 123

- posted      Profile for Oolon Colluphid LLB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good stuff, Hobbes.

I don't work that far from there (Chancery Lane in fact). All of us who work in the City should meet up for a drink some time.

Posts: 3194 | From: a Distance' is a rubbish song | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC