This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Removing unwanted substances form your monitor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Removing unwanted substances form your monitor
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
following on from his gravy granules incident of the other week, spawn of mumpo 2, bless his little tiger socks, crept into the office last night and drew all over my flat screen monitor with biro. ooh, the little tyke. attempts to remove it gently with damp cloth and baby wipes have proved futile. yesterday i consulted my local flatscreen dealer and the only solution he could come up with was to apply tape head cleaner to the offending marks. however, he couldn't be certain that the screen wouldn't dissolve, which would be somthing of a Phyrric victory.

so, does anyone have a 'top tip' on how to remove biro marks from flat screen monitors? is tape head cleaner safe? can i just rub it with a potato?

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nasty. Did you ever sort the Dyson?
Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try rubbing gravy granules all over it.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Nasty. Did you ever sort the Dyson? "

yep.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nocturnal Submission
Member # 1371

- posted      Profile for Nocturnal Submission     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bet Kim or Aggie would know what to use.
Posts: 2168 | From: Revelling In The Hole | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is all I could find...
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sgt. Pinback
Member # 987

- posted      Profile for Sgt. Pinback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try isopropyl alcohol.

If it doesn't clean the screen you can always pour it all over the monitor and set light to it.

Posts: 3144 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ooh, the little tyke.
Kill him, then bury him in the garden. It's the only way.
Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This, along with 'I might have just found the biggest online arsehole in the world', is one of the two OTF threads I've opened with considerable trepidation today.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Try isopropyl alcohol.
<glug ... glug ...>

Christ that's got a kick to it.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC