This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Rollercoasters (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Rollercoasters
Diggedy Derek
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for Diggedy Derek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They're terrifying aren't they? Gentle ones can be a good alternative to drugs, they give you a cleansing adrenaline buzz, but those ones that are designed to make you as dizzy as if you've just cicled round a broomstick twenty times are just insane aren't they. It's like being blind drunk for a short time. Er, great.
Posts: 8033 | From: Kazakhstan Laboratories | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hate that fucking Tower of Terror thing, and all the spin-offs it has spawned. Drag you up thirteen stories, then drop you. Terrible, awful thing. Not at all a nice feeling.
Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alderman Barnes
Member # 121

- posted      Profile for Alderman Barnes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm obviously weird like, but putting myself into a situation where I'm liable to soil my pants doesn't really float my boat. See also: Xtreme Sports.

Who was that racing driver who came in his pants?

Posts: 4862 | From: the home of the Herzmeister | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See if you manage to build your own here
Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

- posted      Profile for Pietro Paolo Virdis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about this?

or this?

Posts: 19677 | From: San Siro | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I fucking love roller coasters. Air at Alton Towers is magic. And if you can get on the front, Collosus at Thorpe Park is bloody magic towards the end with 4 consecutive barrel rolls. And the Duelling Dragons at Islands of Adventure is also utterly brilliant if you're at the front.
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lardinho
Member # 1208

- posted      Profile for Lardinho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's like doing the extreme sports stuff, but without the risk. Like top-rope climbing. Perfect.
Posts: 4013 | From: London | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pietro Paolo Virdis
Member # 776

Some of us, Andy, feel there’s more than enough of a rollercoaster ride just by living with a woman. There’s one heck of a ride at least every fourth week.

<runs for cover, expects a posse to run me down and serve the biggest smack over the head in OTF history.>

noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love rollercoasters. I used to deal with planning applications for Alton Towers. It was great.
Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like rollercoasters, but unfortunately my good lady hates them She squealed like a weed on the Runaway Train ride at Disneyland in Paris, for God's sake. So that blew Space Mountain for me. I am not going on one alone. I have my dignity.

I can't wait till I have kids old enough to go on them.

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ad hoc
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for ad hoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with Alderman Barnes on this one.
Posts: 14456 | From: Magyaristan | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mitch
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Mitch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'Nemesis' at Alton Towers is the best one I've been on, I think. For that drug-free headfuck aspect (although I've got mates who always take poppers with them to Alton Towers because it adds to the fun... <shakes head sadly>).

This place was just completely terrifying; You go up in a lift to the top of the tallest tower in Las Vegas, and then there are these rides really precariously hanging off the side of the viewing platform. Stuff that you wouldn't go near on safety grounds, if it was at your local fair.

Posts: 1949 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't done many and haven't been to Alton Towers, but the Pepsi Big Max One Something (you can see how the corporate sponsorship has really lodged in my cranium) in Blackpool is a thing of some splendour.
Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the scariest roller coaster are the ones that arrive with the travelling fairs. the ones that rattle and clatter alarmingly as they throw you round in a tin chair. the ones that convey the impression a vital bolt is about to shear clean off, throwing you thirty feet through the air into the crowd. that's what i call scary.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rollercoasters are great, I second 'the big one' as a beauty. The Sydney Wonderland has one of those rickety wooden jobs from the sixties, it's the most scared I've ever been on a rollercoaster. To really put the wind up yourself though, bungee jumping is the one. I always thought 'knock kneed with fear' was just a turn of phrase until I tried that. Never again.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC