This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Ring irritation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ring irritation
Scouseroo
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Scouseroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Quick query - see if you lot can help...

Right - the girlfriend was given a ring by her daughter - currently in foster care (a long and irrelevant story)...don't know where she got it but it a nice piece of work - not your corner shop tat. Unfortunately whatever alloy the thing is made of is irritating her skin, so she couldn't wear it on her finger, tried it on a chain round her neck but of course that just meant a rash round her neck.

Anyone anywhere any suggestions on a solution ?

For obvious reasons she wants to wear the ring somewhere....

[ 06.12.2005, 03:10: Message edited by: Scouseroo ]

Posts: 797 | From: a land girt by sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best thing is to see a dermatologist and to get a steroid cream. She might want to try not wearing it at night, but if she's getting irritated at even just a little contact, let alone extended wear, I don't know how much can be done.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was another thread about piles.

[ 06.12.2005, 07:14: Message edited by: G-Man ]

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Give it few more posts and it'll probably turn out that way.
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
watch out for that steroid cream - prolonged use thins the skin.

i mean, obviously only the bit of skin you apply it to. not all your skin.

has your girlfriend considered smearing a thin coating of Vaseline around her ring?

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sgt. Pinback
Member # 987

- posted      Profile for Sgt. Pinback     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or coat it with clear nail varnish.
Posts: 3144 | From: Manchester UK | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scouseroo
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Scouseroo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Inca - I'll pass that on to the missus...at the moment she keeps it in her purse and puts it on a chain round her neck, outside her clothes when she sees her daughter but is looking for a more permanent solution.

She's going to try nail varnish on it apparently (!) otherwise as you say probably not a lot can be done...

As for the you three - hang your heads in shame...I ask the great minds of OTF for help with a serious problem and all I get is childish puns, I expected better I really did.

Nah, of course I didn't....

(Edit - cheers Sarge - good timing !)

[ 06.12.2005, 10:56: Message edited by: Scouseroo ]

Posts: 797 | From: a land girt by sea | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i was being serious about the Vaseline. it's a barrier, and a darn sight easier to remove than nail varnish.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scouseroo
Member # 99

No worries mumpo - she did try that for a while but wants something more permanent
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Was there another thread about piles?

If it's gold, she may be allergic to it. Lots of people are.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"has your girlfriend considered smearing a thin coating of Vaseline around her ring?"

Tee Hee Hee!!

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scouseroo
Member # 99

Nope, FF aint gold - just a cheap alloy of some sort
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it will almost certainly be the nickel in the alloy that is causing irritation. its used a lot in jewellery alloys. if you try the nail varnish option, which the girls here at work advise, then obviously it would be worth letting the redness and irritation completely fade before putting it back on. i wouldn't advise the steroids unless she really wants to wear it, its a bit like taking aspirin cos your hat gives you a headache, you're treating the symptoms not the cause. as i understand it.
Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scouseroo
Member # 99

Cheers all - will pass the tips on !

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC