This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Countdown

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countdown
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to report that a friend of a friend is on Countdown today (his name is Clive). My mum was on it as well, a few years ago, but she lost to some very intense geeky young bloke in her first game. Apparently in the auditions it's not the best who get through, you know.

What a great thread.

Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How long ago was Clive's appearence actually filmed?
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Apparently in the auditions it's not the best who get through, you know"

scandalous! come on Furtho, spill your beans. what criteria do they use?

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think about six weeks ago, but he's a funny fellow and tends to be rather secretive, unless he's been rip-roaringly successful and can thus boast about a triumph. Apparently his plan prior to appearing on Countdown was to see if he could make a go of it as a semi-pro Scrabble player.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

My mother's experience, Mumpo, was that they in the games that were played during the auditions, the production staff were constantly reassuring the contestants by saying that they were looking for a balance of different types of people, rather than those who got the highest scores. Presumably this is to stop the whole thing from being clogged up with terrifyingly competitive young men (or children) who can do nothing else in the whole world - which would, I'd have thought, get a bit tiresome for the old duffers who watch it every day.
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of my staffers is going to be on SA's version of The Weakest Link in January. It was filmed in early November (she made it to round 5). I can't wait to see it, if only for the ragging potential.

My friend (well, pal more like) Jason went on a game show once. First question in the very simple first round: "What kind of animal is a corgi?"

Faced with a multiple choice of four answers, he answered: "A cat". For months he was recognised as the chump who said a corgi was a cat. Eventually he emigrated to New Zealand, possibly in part because of the corgicat calls.

Another friend was on the same game show and walked off with something like the equivalent of 10,000 quid.

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC