This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » James James Morrison Morrison (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: James James Morrison Morrison
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"James James Morrison Morrison
Weatherby George Dupree
Took great care of his mother,
Though he was only three.
..."
(AA Milne)

I remember the start of that rhyme from early in childhood.

What early childhood rhymes are still in the memories of other OTFers?

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isabel met an enormous bear,
Isabel, Isabel, didn't care;
The bear was hungry, the bear was ravenous,
The bear's big mouth was cruel and cavernous,
The bear said, "Isabel, glad to meet you"
"How do, Isabel. Now I'll eat you!"
Isabel, Isabel, didn't worry.
Isabel didn't scream or scurry.
She washed her hands and she straightened her hair up,
Then Isabel quietly ate the bear up.

(Ogden Nash)

It goes on for ages, there's a witch, and a giant. But that's the best bit.

Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've hurt yer finger?
Puir wee man.
Yer pinkie, dearie me.
Now just you haud it this way
while I get my specs and see.

Can't remember how the rest of it goes but there's something about a skelf.

Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sair Finger! I know that one too.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fritz in a fez
Member # 911

- posted      Profile for fritz in a fez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Montezuma met a puma coming through the rye
Montezuma turned the puma into apple pie

Posts: 4815 | From: London | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Sair Finger! That's the one! I remember having to learn it and recite it at a Burns supper in primary 6.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i used to know that one about the dogs hanging up their arseholes.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But chiefly on the just, because
The unjust stole the just's umbrella

Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

I had to recite 'A Man's A Man For A'That'. I still have the certificate somewhere.
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tinky Winky
Dipsy
La La
Po.
Tellytubbies,
Tellytubbies
Say
Hello
E-O!

Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimski
Member # 115

- posted      Profile for Jimski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's another Ogden Nash one which goes something like:

"Spring is sprung, the Grass is riz,
I wonder where the boidies is,
..."

I can't recall how it went after that.

Posts: 7403 | From: the Horizon of the Aten | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eighties casual
Member # 645

- posted      Profile for eighties casual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm down in the jungle
Living in a tent
Better than a prefab'
No rent.

Posts: 2185 | From: Paxton Road | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tee-Rex
Member # 609

- posted      Profile for Tee-Rex     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
pardon me for being so rude
it was not me it was my food
it felt so lonely down below
it just popped up to say hello

Posts: 3795 | From: tomorrow, your time | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jimski, as far as I can garner, there is no more of that Spring poem. It just seems to be those two lines.

Beans, beans, the musical fruit....

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or more
Frank got Betty down on the floor
Kissed her once and he kissed her twice
Pulled down her knickers and said "Ooh, nice!"

Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC