This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Don't teach your kids to drive (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Don't teach your kids to drive
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here you're encouraged to use a reputable driving school by way of a reduction in insurance rates upon passing.

It'll still cost yer around $3000 a year to start off (and a graduated license at that).

Good luck.

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd imagine it's pretty hard to replicate the conditions of maneouvring in bumper-to-bumper traffic down a busy high street in an empty car park.

You'd need a lot of traffic cones, or something, and a pretty sophisticated animatronic system to make them move around you and pretend to be other cars, or pedestrians.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
G-Man
Member # 104

- posted      Profile for G-Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, first I want them to be comfortable using the clutch, acceleration, brakes, reversing etc. Maybe a bit of parking and simple manouevres to give them confidence using a car. Armed with that I'd let them loose on the public via driving school.
Posts: 22308 | From: one floor to another | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My driving instructor had Tourette's and would either hum loudly or scream at me when I did something wrong.
There's a comedy sketch in there, Inca. Give it some thought.
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A sketch? Have you not been watching Big Brother, then?

Pete teaches Nikki to drive. Oh, there'll be Channel 4 executives wanking themselves raw when they hear about this idea.

Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eggchaser
Member # 921

- posted      Profile for Eggchaser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I repeat my earlier post for the benefit of the cuntfaced twat who walked in front of my car today with a crossing island 4 feet away from him.

Quite frankly, the sooner jaywalking is introduced as an offence in this country the sooner I can start improving out the gene pool by mowing these fuckwits down. That's how it works, isn't it?

Posts: 6505 | From: the passenger seat of Mr Toad's car, driving-by this thread | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC