This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Another console thread (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Another console thread
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, it looks like the new Madden on the 360 is pretty flawed. Better than last year's, but not as good (gameplay wise) as the old gen versions. On the other hand, I really want a 360 gridiron game, because HD gaming is extremely sweet and my Gamecube looks shitty blown up that big. So the question is, should I grin and bear it, or try to import NCAA 07, which supposedly lacks the worst of Madden's gameplay issues. I'm not particularly bothered about the NFL licence, apart from the classic teams, but then I give even less of a shit about college football which would be much of the appeal of NCAA.

Does anyone play NCAA on here? Would I enjoy it without any interest in or knowledge of college football? Does it play much differently from Madden usually?

[ 23.08.2006, 18:46: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depends. If you just like playing random one-off games, NCAA will do you. If you're into franchise modes and seasons and that, the college season is much more complicated, and you get bogged down with recruiting and whatnot.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
se3_uk
Member # 1152

- posted      Profile for se3_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NCAA is region-locked, so unless you have a US Xbox you won't be able to play it. It's a ridiculous decision by EA since it's a game they don't even sell in Europe.

I was all set to get the 360 version of Madden but now I'm wondering whether the PC version is a better bet...

[ 23.08.2006, 21:28: Message edited by: se3_uk ]

Posts: 1579 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not a Gwenter
Member # 936

- posted      Profile for Not a Gwenter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are NFL games in general worth getting if you're the type of bloke who only watches the Superbowl and Blitz when it used to be on Channel 4 on Saturday mornings?

(In all fairness though, it's my favourite American sport)

Posts: 559 | From: Back in Cardiff! Norfolk was an interesting experience, for sure. | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(In all fairness though, it's my favourite American sport)
are you sure? its a sport for people who dont get baseball

i have madden two thousand and something for my xbox, its ok but no half life 2

Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the NCAA game offer the chance to set up booster slush funds and alter high school transcripts?

If a player isn't peforming up to par, is there an option to set him up with easier classes, or to pressure unsympathetic professors into giving him better marks?

Can you sack the university president if the team doesn't get a bowl bid, or encourage the local police to drop a felony charge against a star player?

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Wind-Up Bird
Member # 1176

- posted      Profile for Mr. Wind-Up Bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Look out for the bonus Pimp-My-Escalade feature. You unlock it by pretending to work at the dealership, Oklahoma-style.

Sleaze, booster scandals and kick-backs aside, I can't wait for college football to start again next weekend.

Posts: 664 | From: The bottom of the well, holding a baseball bat | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Does anyone play NCAA on here? Would I enjoy it without any interest in or knowledge of college football? Does it play much differently from Madden usually?
Bear in mind that I haven't played either Madden or NCAA since the '05 editions...

Running seemed much easier in NCAA than in Madden, so passing wasn't as crucial. Madden just seemed to have smoother gameplay, but NCAA was much more exciting because of the vast talent differential. You can have a great running back playing behind a shit o-line, etc. It's rare to have a stacked team. Unfortunately for me, playing as UCLA in the dynasty mode meant that I played USC and I had to play one of those rare top teams. I like the dynasty mode in NCAA--rather than the draft as in Madden, you scout players and have to woo them in recruiting them.

Some of the stuff gets repetitive--the mascots, Lee Corso--but I enjoyed it more than Madden, probably mostly because I love college football miles more than NFL.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to take this away from consoles, but I just read that EA is bringing out a "classics" compilation title for the PSP that I hope makes it to the PS2...it has Syndicate on it! A friend in high school had an Amiga, and I loved Syndicate.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It also has Jungle Strike and Road Rash. There's a full listing here.

There's bad news for wannabe PS3 owners too. Apparently Pro-Evo is going to be a 360 exclusive.

[ 24.08.2006, 10:02: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

Wow, I assume that goes for Winning Eleven as well? Makes the 360 even more attractive.
Cavalry Trouser Tips
Member # 1274

- posted      Profile for Cavalry Trouser Tips     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fucking Microsoft scum with their mountains of cash to throw at their loss-making "profile builder" console and fucking Konami scum for accepting such a deal.

Bastards, bastards, bastards.

Posts: 4359 | From: Mekonta | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crusoe
Member # 263

- posted      Profile for Crusoe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has it been confirmed that the next GTA will be simultaneously released on the PS3 and 360?
Posts: 6300 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard
Member # 1538

- posted      Profile for Fatbastard, Hugh Fatbastard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There, there...

What ? Oh, sorry.

[loiters, looks about to see if there's a free cup of coffee to be had, realises there isn't, glances at watch while heading for the exit - pretending to be late for something - knocks over coatrack (makes feeble effort to catch it, but lets face it, doesn't really try) and bangs forehead on door not realising it's PULL not PUSH to exit]

Posts: 1243 | From: upon high | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
se3_uk
Member # 1152

- posted      Profile for se3_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To return to the original topic for a moment, I notice today that the 360 and PSP versions of Madden are the only ones that didn't come out today.

If you want the game on those consoles, you have to wait another fortnight.

It's already out on all formats in the US so what's the reason for the delay to 360 and PSP versions in the UK?

What is EA's problem? I wish someone else had gotten the NFL gaming licence.

Posts: 1579 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC