This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » George W. Bush explains it all (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: George W. Bush explains it all
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"We face an enemy that has an ideology. They beleive things. The best way to describe their ideology is to relate to you the fact that they think the opposite of the way we think."

Really, that says it all about our national nightmare, doesn't it? The inexplicably simplistic rendering of a enemy and why they "hate" us, the assumption that everyone believes the same things he does, and an easy way to connect "the terrorists" with domestic opponents. Breathtaking.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Matej
Member # 219

- posted      Profile for Matej     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh-oh. I think that... I may believe things.

Oh dear.

Posts: 6506 | From: I hear New Zealand is nice | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Super Sharp Shooter
Member # 750

- posted      Profile for Super Sharp Shooter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The enemy think gravity makes things go up?

Shit, we're screwed.

Posts: 18241 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: Matej's post, I believe the kids say ROTFLMAO.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wolf 2
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for Wolf 2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Bush is an idiot. So...what do 'they' think of him?
Posts: 2032 | From: this world to the next. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The best way to describe their ideology is to relate to you", or "the best way to relate their ideology to you"?

i wonder.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody in the blogosphere said that Bush probably talks like that because that's how his advisers explain situations to him - famously he ignores written briefs in favour of verbal ones. I think it's very likely to be true.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mumpo, don't wonder too much.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They hate us for our freedom, don't they?

Well, I'm gonna start hating them for their captivity. That'll show 'em.

Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On a tangent, I had a meeting this week with three Europe based but American senior 'risk researchers' from a major global finance/insurance company, which does a lot of business in Turkey.
I was quite staggered by their complete lack of knowledge on fairly basic points.
One expressed surprise that the bombings earlier this week might impact the economy because 'no one comes here except German backpackers'. Another opined that there was no way Turkey would get into the EU because non-one he'd spoken to in the states (he'd only just moved to yurp) thought it was a good idea.
None were aware of EU energy policy, the role that allocates Turkey or the connection between this and Turkey's status as a candidate country.
They had managed to find the best of the city's 5* hotels mind, so they weren't completely useless.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mighty Mudhsuden
Member # 1072

- posted      Profile for Mighty Mudhsuden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got a nice warm feeling when I glanced upon this headline this morning.

But then I realised it wasn't what it seemed.

Posts: 2061 | From: Hackensack... is that all you get for your money? | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Spock, come on, who could take a country that's named after one of our holiday foods seriously? Just be thankful they're willing to share their expertise with your poor little German tourist enclave.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The White House has refused to comment, saying last night: "We won't dignify this with a response."

But John Beyer of TV watchdog MediaWatch said the drama was irresponsible and could even spark a real-life assassination attempt.

He added: "There's a lot of feeling against President Bush and this may well put ideas into people's heads."

And Mr Beyer issued a stark warning to Channel 4 bosses, saying: "If something happens as a consequence of this film, then blood is on their hands.

woo hoo, no further comment necessary.

They were't though FF, they were over here 'assessing risk'. But then I guess if their shareholders are as dumb as they are it won't matter.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John Beyer speaks
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taylor
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Taylor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If something happens as a consequence of this film, then blood is on their hands.
Funny, I was saying the same thing before the Iraq war, when the news media was unquestioningly repeating Bush claims about Iraqi WMD which had already been proven to be false.

I love the idea of someone watching this and suddenly deciding to assassinate the President of the United States, a thought which had not occurred to them before.

Posts: 3395 | From: further over there | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC