This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Job Interview Help Needed (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Job Interview Help Needed
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He's being pessimistic, I imagine; interview's not 'til tomorrow.
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh...and just to round the thread off...I got the job.
Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Massive congratulations from Milan.

Genuinely terrific.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SpanglyPrincess
Member # 1654

- posted      Profile for SpanglyPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yay! well done, congratulations and auguri. when do you start?
Posts: 2447 | From: a fantasy world of my own making | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for World Cup Willie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers both. I'll be doing something I've longed to do for about five years tomorrow when I hand in my four weeks notice. Which means I start late October, I guess.
I'm a bit scared, to be honest.

Posts: 1562 | From: the axis of pain-pleasure to the arc of desire | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you weren't scared, it wouldn't be worth it.

Life is like that.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

Cheers Ursus. It was good to catch up with Toro as well today, he bought me alcohol when I needed it the most (though to be honest he spent most of our meeting pointing at Sky TV and saying words like "Crouch" and "overhead kick" and "fucking fucking hell").
Hopefully lunches at the Fenton will become a regular part of my working week, now we're colleagues.

SpanglyPrincess
Member # 1654

- posted      Profile for SpanglyPrincess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hehe sounds good. the best things are always a bit scary though.
Posts: 2447 | From: a fantasy world of my own making | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic WCW, well done.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent, well done.
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

Thanks everybody. Your good wishes are genuinely appreciated. I suppose at some point I'll have to tell my editor.
HORN
Member # 204

- posted      Profile for HORN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, just leave your coat on the chair and see how long they keep paying you.
Posts: 2404 | From: Sgeti | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent news, well done.

And yeah, I'm around for pints any time.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
World Cup Willie
Member # 905

It'll be a pleasure Toro.
axel
Member # 724

- posted      Profile for axel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a quick (but quite important) question which I hope somebody on here can help me with.
Last week I was offered a job after attending an interview, and without really thinking about it I verbally accepted it. Now i'm having second thoughts and think it might be better to stay in my current job in the civil service and get a transfer.
My question is will I be liable for any costs etc. if I now turn down the job offer? I have yet to sign any contract or any other bit of paper.
Hope somebody with some knowledge of employment law can give me a reasonable answer. Mentioned that I might change my mind to the recruitment company I used on this occasion and the woman was really angry at me. She did apologise later though.

Posts: 923 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC