This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Current Cheesing (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Current Cheesing
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heh.

So, I haven't started the Sainte Maure yet, but the rest is fantastic. The Cathare is just superb, albeit runny even straight out of the fridge. An absolutely fantastic cheese.

The Reblochon is probably the best piece I've had; really strong farmy (read: manurey) taste. The morbier is lovely; not a cheese I've too much experience with, but I may have to rectify that. Unusual, almost herby flavour.

And the Gubbeen, well, is Gubbeen. One of my favourite ever cheeses.

Mmmm.

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King On The Rye
Member # 978

- posted      Profile for King On The Rye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just returned from Australia, where they try hard to produce good cheese but are somewhat hamstrung by compulsory pasteurisation. The cheese lacks flavour, and consequently they try all sorts of nonsense like adding pesto. Ludicrous. It just ends up tasting like pesto.

The day I got back to London I went to Neal's Yard and bought some two-year-old Montgomery's Cheddar and some Coolea. Heaven.

Posts: 1161 | From: Peckham | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Went to the cheesemonger I use in Nice today.

hahaha. unfortunate formulation of words there toro-toro.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh? Why?
Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linus
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for linus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shame about OGC Nice, they'll probably get relegated. It's doubtful that they'll be able to slug it out with Nantes, Monaco or maybe PSG to scrape to the 17th place. Nice (as in great) little stadium unlike most in D1. Their big off-season purchase, Toure, whom they got for several millions, is a big bust. It's almost pathetic to watch him play in person, such a lazy player.

The club doesn't get a lot of support, the whole Cote is OM territory and Nice has too many transplant retirees who would rather their neighborhood of the Ray be a quiet place. The big stadium remodel didn't go through.

Which fromagerie in Nice did you use Sastre?

[ 13.01.2007, 06:25: Message edited by: linus ]

Posts: 1376 | From: afar | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC