This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » This week, we have mostly been spunking our licence fee on... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: This week, we have mostly been spunking our licence fee on...
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no. that's what they should be saying. or preferably not changing the idents in the first place.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I meant Andy C's point.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, v good work.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TV's 'Mr P'
Member # 164

- posted      Profile for TV's 'Mr P'     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As for the old Fremantle television ident, that genuinely does look as though someone's 'spunked' over it.
Posts: 10682 | From: the vaults of the biggest record collection in the world... | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is probably extremely old news, but you can, of course, catch up with the complete history of television idents here.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have you heard about the BBC news helicopter? 2m a year, apparently, to have it on standby, which has been more than repaid in recent months with such dramatic coverage as the plume of smoke from that petrol depot in Hertfordshire, from about 4 miles away, aerial shots of David Cameron cycling to work, overhead shots of crowds at pop concerts in Hyde Park, and the unforgettable pictures of planes not taking off from Heathrow airport on the day after MI5 arrested some Pakistanis for buying suspicious amounts of fertilizer.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They should crash it into the sea. It would pay for itself then.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I always found the Newsnight helicopter a bit silly, given that every two-bit news channel in America has one, why can't the largest broadcast news organisation in the world?
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The cantering captain
Member # 942

- posted      Profile for The cantering captain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as it carries a sheepdog and an emergency shepherd is on stand by at all times.
Posts: 1476 | From: Edinburgh | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course. It's a small price to pay for the gift of a functioning body that works properly.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

shame it wasn't covering Richard Hammond's jet car speed record attempt.
Lucy Waterman It Be
Member # 1075

- posted      Profile for Lucy Waterman It Be     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely they've got lots of close-up footage of that. Or have I missed the point?
Posts: 2972 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exploding Vole, The
Member # 771

- posted      Profile for Exploding Vole, The     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
every two-bit news channel in America has one, why can't the largest broadcast news organisation in the world
I don't follow the logic there, GY. Why on earth would the BBC want to follow the path of two-bit US news channels?
Posts: 1741 | From: time to time | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

I'm talking about budgets. If it's not too expensive for a two bit news channel, I'm sure a corporation with annual revenues of over 2bn can cope.
Rogin the Armchair fan
Member # 683

- posted      Profile for Rogin the Armchair fan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but 1bn of that goes direct to Jonathon Ross. And in any case, the difference, GY, is that this is funded out of what is effectively a tax, not advertisers' or subscribers' money. You have no choice in the UK; you want to own a telly, you have to pay the BBC 130 a year. Even if you can prove you never watch the BBC, or listen to their (admittedly incomparable) radio output like the Chris Moyles breakfast show or the Archers.
Posts: 15858 | From: this corner of the bar you can only see half of the big screen | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC