This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Cow-worker (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Cow-worker
Logan Mountstuart the 3rd
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Logan Mountstuart the 3rd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've spent 5 months working in the office, slaving away - this is my first time on OTF since I've been here. But I hate it. I'd just forgotten how much I hated it the last time. Backstabbing, stupid power struggles, withholding information to gain advantage,grown men behaving like petty kids, immediately being perceived as a threat if you are good at something.

I've got a month to go until my "trial period" is up (that's what they call it). Then I shall turn on my heel, tell them what I think of them and go willingly back to my lovely truck. More money, less stress, independence, and what surprised me most, much more reliable colleagues.

Posts: 1774 | From: a sea of lactic acid | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Logan Mountstuart the 3rd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oops.

[ 04.10.2006, 11:54: Message edited by: Logan Mountstuart the 3rd ]

Posts: 1774 | From: a sea of lactic acid | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
How's The Bairn?
Member # 747

- posted      Profile for How's The Bairn?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I've spent 5 months working in the office, slaving away - this is my first time on OTF since I've been here. But I hate it. I'd just forgotten how much I hated it the last time. Backstabbing, stupid power struggles, withholding information to gain advantage,grown men behaving like petty kids, immediately being perceived as a threat if you are good at something."

But what's working in an office like?

[ 04.10.2006, 12:03: Message edited by: My Pants Are On Fire ]

Posts: 2592 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Etienne
Member # 95

- posted      Profile for Etienne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe.
Posts: 7411 | From: some place more ... you know. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Batebe of Toro Foundation
Member # 465

- posted      Profile for The Batebe of Toro Foundation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a fucking wagon, Wyatt.

But, er, "Bridget" and "Catriona"? Have you moved to Dublin on the sly?

Posts: 17027 | From: your gaff, nicking stuff. | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this the college Wyatt, or the other job, if I may ask?

Sounds almost "vote of no confidence"-earning behaviour from your woman Catriona there. But if no one else is up for taking her on, it becomes harder.

Anyway, hideous stressful business this level of cuntishness in the workplace. If only it was less frequent.

Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The other job.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 83

Yes, nice one pants.

I've never had to post on OTF without worrying who's looking over my shoulder before.

I don't think I'll ever be able to look at someone called Catriona again without thinking about this. Well, I say "again", I mean, I bump into loads of them everyday

Wyatt Earp
Member # 108

- posted      Profile for Wyatt Earp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's not actually called Catriona.
Posts: 19927 | From: the Cryptic Cabal | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
you should make the story widely known - nothing wrong with that as it's the truth.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is anybody actually called Catriona? I've never heard that name before.
Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
plenty of them in ireland (irish for catherine).

[ 04.10.2006, 18:22: Message edited by: marques garcia de pombal ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of our Oxford posters has a daughter called Catriona.

quote:
Bridget was on a temp contract (meaning she had no rights anyway)
She has the right not to be unfairly dismissed, even as a temp. Although the rules have a catch-all clause for personality clashes, she could claim sexual discrimination (for which there is no quali period). Gven your hint that her boss treated her thus largely on those grounds.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bill Poster
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Bill Poster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not within a year she doesn't - in the UK anyway (this is very topical for me).
Posts: 1605 | From: Here to Eternity | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, while it may be difficult to track down "Bridget", I dunno, I'd certainly be inclined to drop a line to "Catriona"'s employers simply saying that contrary to what Catriona may have told them, you had no problem at all with Bridget, indeed quite the contrary and can't imagine what would have prompted her to declare such a thing. However little faith you have in her bosses, it couldn't do any harm. I mean, in a way, you've been slandered. Certainly your name's been used under false pretences. (Hmm, that sounds a bit weird. Are there "true pretences"?)

[ 04.10.2006, 19:20: Message edited by: wingco ]

Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC