This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » anybody know any good mobile contract deals? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: anybody know any good mobile contract deals?
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

- posted      Profile for Just Say No To Vorderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any of you know of any really good mobile deals at the moment? my contract is up and i fancy one of those phones with a keyboard and free emails. preferably without having to pay anything/much for the handset. any of you trawled through searching for deals lately and found a good one?

Posts: 1735 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mobdeal.com is quite useful for comparisons.

The best deals are those ones where you have to claim cashback every three months, but there's loads of small print and you have to be really careful to post the slips of paper and bills at the right time.

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

- posted      Profile for Just Say No To Vorderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cheers...had a look and it's all too confusing :-(

think i'll give t-mobile a call and speak to a human being to see what they can offer me...it was so much easier in the days of brick phones :-(

i should really just keep my perfectly good sony eriksson 750i and get a discount for the next 12 months or something..but my neighbours new gadget has made me jealous..he's paying about £30 a month but i like the free emails and free web browsing feature he was showing me the other day...or maybe take a free phone off them and flog it on Ebay

Posts: 1735 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Route One Thug
Member # 1750

- posted      Profile for Route One Thug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just gone to T-Mobile, and have already decided that everything is better than the 6 years I spent with shitty Orange. Reception better, customer service better, price half as much, phone better.
Posts: 636 | From: High In The Clouds | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usee...T-Mobile, yeah. It has better reception at the stadium and at my mum's flat and at Victoria station, than Orange did previously.

I want a new contract, though, but not a new 'phone - that seems almost impossible, from what I read.

Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

TT, if you're an existing customer and want to renew your contract do it over the phone and ask for a discount for not taking a new phone..you should get a few quid a month reduction..i did last time
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll give it a go, cheers.
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just signed up to T-mobile, they seemed to have an edge over most others. I got a MDA Vario II, which is lovely (Windows Mobile, keyboard, email etc), but I did pay a bit for it.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can get some serious reductions by not renewing your phone and probably better ones by asking to leave.

I'm paying about £9/month at the moment.

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just Say No To Vorderman
Member # 1534

who with and what do you get for your £9?

and mackstress..that's the very devil that's got me tempted..what do you think of it? how uhc did they make you pay? think my neighbour had to pay £49 for his

mackstress
Member # 1485

- posted      Profile for mackstress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With a £32 a month Flext 25 contract (which includes £60 monthly allowance that you can split how you like on calls/texts and unlimited internet access) it was £60 for the handset, which is a lot, but it was Christmas. It's lovely, anyway, and it's supposedly worth £550, so I guess it's not too bad. I think I might even have done with a lower tariff, though.
Posts: 1670 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TT, if you're an existing customer and want to renew your contract do it over the phone and ask for a discount for not taking a new phone..you should get a few quid a month reduction..i did last time
So did I and then the bastards sent me a phone without me asking for it. The new phone is shit, I never got the full discount I (and they) had signed up to and it took fucking months of phone calls to get even that small degree of resolution. T-Mobile are bastards. The moment my contract's up I'm moving, probably to Vodaphone.
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

quote:
who with and what do you get for your £9?

18-month contract with Vodafone. I think it's 75 min/month x-network with 100 text messages.

There's also something bundled where you can get charged three minutes for calls up to one hour. But I don't use my mobile for long phone calls.

mackstress
Member # 1485

PG, do not move to Vodafone. They're much, much worse value for money and mobile phone companies are all bastards, that's what they do.
Tubby Isaacs
Member # 223

- posted      Profile for Tubby Isaacs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just in the process of walking out on Vodafone having stayed in waiting for a new phone on 3 separate days. My time was apparently worth £5 a day. Well, I know that is the real value of it, but anyway.

Pay as you go, isn't that the way to do it?
This one seems to be £30. I can do the Orange option of spending a tenner a month and getting 50 free texts. I reckon just over a tenner ought to do it, seeing I can't find a Stumpy-like deal.

Posts: 18279 | From: Georgica | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC