This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Provincial England 2007 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Provincial England 2007
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The local elections in England then? Here in That London we don't get a vote on anything this year, but where are OTF's coal-in-the-bath carrot-crunchers going to be casting their votes?
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When is that? A week today?

I'm voting Green. I might take the next day off work and sit up all night watching the results come in.

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

- posted      Profile for E10Rifle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So might I, but that's cos I'm a tedious nerd about this sort of stuff. And you never know, Blair might resign in the middle of the night or something.
Posts: 12564 | From: The bus lane | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not particularly nerdy about it, but I like any sort of TV that gives me more information than my feeble mind. Mix that with a bag of weed and half a bottle of decent gin, and you're onto something. I still don't think it's sunk into the Labour Party yet that they're going to take a battering.
Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Atteveld
Member # 1140

- posted      Profile for Atteveld     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have five BNP councillors in Stoke-on-Trent. I will therefore - and for no particularly constructive reasons - be voting Labour.
Posts: 94 | From: a crumbling two up two down | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a candidate in Hove (=no chance of becoming a councillor).

Count won't be until the next day; apparently there was fisticuffs last time, so they're having it booze free and sober like. What's the bloody point, I ask you?

Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

Smuggle a load of booze in Nathan, and you might be able to win favour with the people counting the votes.

Good luck anyway.

twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

Good luck, NHH.

I'm surprised that there has ever been fisticuffs in Hove over anything other than the council's policy on bowling greens.

noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have elections in North West Leicestershire. However, as noone has put anything through my door yet or tried to convince me to vote for them, I have no idea where they stand on the local issues.

At present I will be spoiling my paper.

In Staffordshire Moorlands they have a crazy party called the 'Ratepayers' who always seem to win. They're basically Tories, but who don't want to be associated with the Tories for some reason or another. Farming bastards.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Purves Grundy
Member # 698

- posted      Profile for Purves Grundy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which party, Nathan?
Posts: 7499 | From: A Gun | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

- posted      Profile for Nathan HelenaHandcart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Erm, the one I joined at the age of 18. You know, the disreputable ones currently running the country.
Posts: 2896 | From: The Los Angeles Underground | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
E10Rifle
Member # 34

Is Hove part of Brighton council? And if so, thus embroiled in that big brouhaha over the school places 'lottery'.
Nathan HelenaHandcart
Member # 635

Yep - merged when they created the City status lark. That makes sense, regardless of the City bollocks.
E10Rifle
Member # 34

That school policy's on the right lines, sort of, isn't it?
KimCasey
Member # 254

- posted      Profile for KimCasey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got a weak case of "the elections" in Worcester.

As I'm the Branch Chair, I suppose I'd better resist the temptation to vote Green, and will vote for our young, no-hope-of-winning, Labour candidate.

The Green candidate for our neighbouring ward is called Olaf Twiehaus, which I reckon is a pretty perfect name for a Green.

Good luck, Nathan!

Posts: 757 | From: Lake Geneva to the Finland Station | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC