This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Worst. Weather. Ever (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Worst. Weather. Ever
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's official. The temperature in DC has reached a 77-year high of 102. Let me assure you. It is not a dry heat.

I hate this town.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WornOldMotorbike
Member # 1569

- posted      Profile for WornOldMotorbike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's 32 here. With the humidity, the 'feels like' is 37. That's 98.6 F.
If it were any more humid, you could swim home.

Posts: 3858 | From: the head office of One Man's Opinion Corp. | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
92F/33C here in sunny Hackensack. Only 50% humidity though. We deserve that after the scary thunderstorm we had this morning.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read that the weather service confirmed that a tornado touched down in Brooklyn (of all places) this morning. How bizarre is that?
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tornadoes are not all that uncommon in Southern California, but they usually get reported as freak occurrences.

71F/22C for me right now.

And I'll be going to Hawaii tomorrow, with a high of 86, and a low of 68. Suckers.

Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

Are you going by yourself, or will you be taking the wife and little one too? [Razz]
Villain
Member # 468

- posted      Profile for Villain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
FF, I think you get all Gods 'interesting' stuff.
Posts: 2049 | From: Croydon init | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

I pay extra for it.
Inca
Member # 675

- posted      Profile for Inca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you going by yourself, or will you be taking the wife and little one too?
The wife, the little one, and the in-laws.
Posts: 16877 | From: Gobias Industries | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

Well enjoy and don't worry about us, sweating our butts off. We'll be fine.

Seriously, have a great time (in spite of the in-laws)!

j/k

Toxteth O'Grady
Member # 943

- posted      Profile for Toxteth O'Grady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just read that the weather service confirmed that a tornado touched down in Brooklyn (of all places) this morning. How bizarre is that?

Yes, that happened right above my head in the wee small hours. My cat was not happy. On the upside: no subway running this morning, so got to work from home. Hooray! It better bloody be running tomorrow though: Daft Punk are playing a big outdoor show in Coney Island.

Posts: 518 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

Glad you're okay! I just saw a picture of a building over there with the roof in tatters. Must have been f'ing scary.

I hate to tell you this, but they're predicting thunderstorms for tomorrow and Friday. Maybe they'll be quick ones. Enjoy the show, if you end up going.

ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Serious flooding in the New York subway system and at the airports yesterday were the sprinkles on top of the sundae of near 100 degree temperatures and over 90% humidity.

At least that monkey that escaped at Laguardia after having been smuggled onto the two airplanes will feel at home weather-wise.

I have a feeling that Linke is wondering why he ever wanted to move there.

Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Malcolm X
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Malcolm X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was 35C in Cyprus for the whole of my week there.

got burned.

Posts: 14206 | From: Laughing at the budgie hearts | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I got sunburned in Brighton yesterday. Didn't even notice it happening, because the sun was behind clouds a lot of the time. You ought to see my head and my nose today. I look like Alan Brazil.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC