This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » His money was only resting in her account... (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: His money was only resting in her account...
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She was paid 60 quid a week at the time, and her duties seemed to include lodging bulging briefcases full of cash at the bank. I wouldn't feel much loyalty in her place.

I think he's holding out for this congress speech.

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think this is going to fuck him. He's fucked her out there to take all the heat and she's the weakest link in his chain.

His lawyer disappeared today while all of this was happening, and asked to reserve his position the day before when the bank manager was saying that he basically remembered huge wads of sterling being deposited in berties account.

Basically he was saying that even though ahern had been told over a fortnight ago about what the bank manager was going to say, he hadn't been able to discuss it with his client.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care any more.

Wasn't this what it was all about? Lying and prevaricating and stalling and playing for time and dragging out the thing for so long that anybody with a pulse eventually throws in the towel and falls asleep?

Wake me up in another eight weeks or so when he gets elbowed out of office by his own kind.

[ 21.03.2008, 02:26: Message edited by: Hieronymus Bosch ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
nah, this time is different. he was able to come up with an unconvincing story for anything in in the past, but now, he's said that this account only contained money from his paycheques.

The documentation says it was large sterling payments, the bank manager says it was large sterling payments in cash, and now the secretary says that he was shovelling large amounts of sterling payments into his account.

he is going to have to be very inventive to get out of this one.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's enough evidence there to prove he has committed perjury with regards to the Sterling amount.

Then there's the $45,000.

And the house bought with FF funds that turns out not to have been bought by FF funds.

Don't rule out jail time.

The one thing that has struck me throughout this whole thing is that his cock and bull stories are dodgy in themselves (money from big business, stealing from FF accounts, wads of cash stashed in a safe, etc.), so the truth must be a fucking shocker altogether.

[ 21.03.2008, 11:47: Message edited by: bryanattoni ]

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

Bertie's new explanation:

No wait, I actually converted me salary into de sterling and den converted it back inta punts again. Yeah, dat wuzzit. So dat's why I had all dem wads of sterling dat I said ta de Tribunal dat I didn't have. Twas a long time ago. Divorce. Children. Wife. de Nort.

[ 22.03.2008, 12:36: Message edited by: bryanattoni ]

and I am the life
Member # 227

I love your balls.
bryanattoni
Member # 60

?
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
His explanation is the political equivalent of the parrot sketch
Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

to bertie. It's from team america.
bryanattoni
Member # 60

De brudder:
quote:
Noel Ahern, Minister with special responsibility for the Office of Public Works, said yesterday: "Fifteen thousand is no big deal. There might be a very simple explanation. I understand he may have given the wrong details for a wrong lodgement."
Stg 15k in 1994 was a very big deal. (As was $45,000.)

More patronising shite:

quote:
Noel Ahern also insisted there was no great mystery about Bertie Ahern dealing in sterling. "Sterling is not the currency of the devil. It's the routine currency that's used 60 miles up the road. Sixty million people on the island off our shore are using it.

[ 24.03.2008, 13:13: Message edited by: bryanattoni ]

and I am the life
Member # 227

he's on the radio right now talking about lodging hundreds of thousands of pounds when he was a clerk for CIE. Well that is as much as I can make out of what he is saying.

He is such a cunt.

Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Noel Ahern is the cretin who, two years ago in his capacity as minister for housing, barefacedly claimed that there were plenty of houses available to cash-strapped first-time buyers in the Dublin area for 200,000 or less.

An enterprising journalist from our paper promptly logged on to MyHome.ie, the country's largest property website, and did a search for houses that were priced at 200,000 or less in the greater Dublin area.

Number of houses that came up: 0.

[ 24.03.2008, 14:37: Message edited by: Hieronymus Bosch ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

200,000 is a fair amount of money for a first time buyer. I couldn't afford it. But then Dutch banks are real bastards when it comes to mortgages. Actually, that probably helps explain why the housing market in the Netherlands isn't on the brink of collapse.

I can't believe that you can't buy a house in Dublin for less than 200,000. What about apartments?

[ 24.03.2008, 15:00: Message edited by: bryanattoni ]

and I am the life
Member # 227

are you joking me? The stamp duty cut off point is 315,000 and that is pretty much where the cheapest stuff is, and you probably won't want to live there.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC