This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » His money was only resting in her account... (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: His money was only resting in her account...
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for 200k all you can get is a one-bedroom suicide hole in mulhuddart. (i am not making this up).
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what about in those parts of dublin that are nearer belfast (in journey time) than the city centre?
Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
for 200k all you can get is a one-bedroom suicide hole in mulhuddart. (i am not making this up).

I'd well believe it.

There are 200,000 apartments to be had, but they're all in places like Laois and Kilkenny.

My own apartment cost 300,000 and is just over ten minutes away from my workplace by bicycle, which is handy. The massive monthly repayments are a pain in the hole though.

[ 24.03.2008, 18:14: Message edited by: Hieronymus Bosch ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I could find on Daft.ie was a 0.1 acre site with planning permission to build a 50 m2 studio. It was 160k. Then you still have to build the fuckin' thing.

Where are all the Polish people living? How do they afford to live in Ireland?

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Poles are all renting and sleeping three to a room.
Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

- posted      Profile for bryanattoni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently looking at this place. It's on the Number 9 tram route, which will get you into town in 15 minutes. Or 25 minutes by bike, whatever.

I think I'll grow potatoes in the garden.

[ 24.03.2008, 17:46: Message edited by: bryanattoni ]

Posts: 8126 | From: la palude di amstel | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loose Cannon ?
Member # 642

- posted      Profile for Loose Cannon ?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good news for future house buyers is that the market is sliding down rapidly - not so good news for recent house boughters though...

What's the rent situation like in Holland B.? Are rent increases index linked? Unlike the ould sod where rent prices follow house prices or whatever the landlord feels like?

Posts: 1904 | From: a grassy knoll | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bryanattoni
Member # 60

Rent prices are highly controlled here. You can rent a decent flat for about 300/400 euro. There is a big shortage though, so whenever a flat is for rent there will be at least 30 people looking to rent it.

So you have to know the landlord. This means that the native Dutch with all the connections have all the good places cornered.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC