This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Pro Evo on Wii... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pro Evo on Wii...
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...looks amazing.

Full control of off-the-ball runs, set pieces and through balls.

Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JtS
Member # 68

- posted      Profile for JtS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
swiit
Posts: 7076 | From: The North London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.
Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure why you are getting so excited, everything looks laboured compared to the ease of functionality you get with a conventional controller.

I'll confidently predict that this will be as piss as most Wii titles.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

- posted      Profile for Ginger Yellow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because what I've always wanted to do in footy games is control runs and the like. Now I can.
Posts: 12612 | From: London | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there such a thing as a football console 'simulation' where the players do anything other than move along the eight N/NE/E... compass points?

It's been like that since Match Day appeared on micro computers and it's pretty shameful that there's been no added sophistication since.

Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
there are 16 compass points in pro evo.

the wii version looks pretty crap there. would have liked to see it in action with more than one team on the park.

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't bought a single Wii game since it first came out. Very disappointing.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

Not even Super Paper Mario? It's very good.
dalliance
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for dalliance     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Because what I've always wanted to do in footy games is control runs and the like. Now I can
You have had the option on the PS controller to do that in the past couple of versions, play a pass and keep the original passer running even though he doesn't have the ball anymore.

Like everything else, advanced functionality like this is reliant upon advanced button / controller combinations. You won't simply have the depth with the Wii controller because you have less combinations, just like every game where there would be a 360 / PS2 or 3 equivalent.

I hate the Wii and I will be bringing a piss poor Wii game to market next spring, so I know what I'm talking about here.

Posts: 10899 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

"You have had the option on the PS controller to do that in the past couple of versions, play a pass and keep the original passer running even though he doesn't have the ball anymore."

It's not the same though. In this version, you can send one striker off to draw away the defender, send another one into the space, and then pass. Or any thing you like, really.

"Like everything else, advanced functionality like this is reliant upon advanced button / controller combinations. "

Or just pointing and pressing a button. Obviously they might fuck it up, and it will take a while to get the hang of it, but from the video it looks brilliant.

The one big concern I have is that shooting is controlled by shaking the nunchuk. I suspect you're going to lose precision unless there's another element they're not revealing.

[ 17.10.2007, 16:07: Message edited by: Ginger Yellow ]

Furtho
Member # 902

- posted      Profile for Furtho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Super Paper Mario, but didn't like the text aspect of it so much. Will definitely get Super Mario Galaxy or whatever it's called, though.
Posts: 2913 | From: The Slow Lane | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wii PES out on 28 March. Looking forward to it, although I reckon it'll take a while to get used to the controls, and defending sounds a bit tricky.

Even better is the news that Wii Mario Kart is out on April 11 (complete with Wii wheel) and Super Smash Bros out at the end of April. I bloody love Mario Kart.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginger Yellow
Member # 447

Where are you getting those dates from? Last I heard, SSBM is not due out for at least three months in PAL territories, and rumours have said it might not come out this year.
noj
Member # 753

- posted      Profile for noj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All from Amazon GY (the pre-order dates).

Mario Kart release date I think is the official one from Nintendo, surprisingly it seems to be coming out in the UK just a day after Japan and before the States gets it.

Posts: 2740 | From: crisp country | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC