This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Mall shooting

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mall shooting
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another one.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article3007616.ece

Fox News's repulsive anchor repeatedly urged a reporter to add detail to a description the supposed gunman who he had seen taken away. Heuightm, build, clothes, not enough, still the pressing continued until he got what he had clearly wanted - the supposed shooter was supposedly African American.

What a nasty, tawdry, blight on humanity that channel is.

Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a reason I don't watch Fox News, UE.

I reckon the gunman was either a former employee of that department store, or was possibly married to someone who was a former employee. That's usually the case in these incidents.

Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely FF. It was just noxious to watch the pathetic attempt to make it some sort of race issue. I was passing through Fox en route to CNN and caught the tone and watched to see if it was as brazen as it seemed. It was.
Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, it's like watching a train wreck. I accidentally stumble upon it sometimes and then can't stop watching because I'm so incredulous that there are people watching it who believe every word.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

Fox foiled as shooter was white. Probably not a fundamentalist christian though so that'll be some consolation.
Rory Bunk
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Rory Bunk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he was one of them 'Wiggers'. It's the same thing then.
Posts: 972 | From: The Oort cloud | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ian .64
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for ian .64     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never been given or taken any opportunity to see the Fox 'News' Channel. I feel blessed.
Posts: 9378 | From: Wolverhampton | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rick derris
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for rick derris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the supposed shooter was supposedly African American
certainly said white on radio 5
Posts: 4512 | From: bat country | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I blame Marilyn Manson.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GMTV, who I know use as the source of all my knowledge, said this guy opened fire on Christmas shoppers. How the fuck do GMTV know what people were shopping for? And why couldn't people just be browsing? Sensationalist GMTV twats.

I watched Mallrats yesterday as well, coincidentally. Though, as the only similarity between this story and the plot of Mallrats is the word 'mall' you could argue, very strongly indeed, that it isn't a coincidence at all.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I know, it's like watching a train wreck. I accidentally stumble upon it sometimes and then can't stop watching because I'm so incredulous that there are people watching it who believe every word."

Since I got rid of my digital cable and have taken to just flipping channels mindlessly to drown out the voices in my head, this happens to me too.

This story seems so very quintessentially American. Guy lives in the sprawl of Omaha, one of the sprawlingest sprawltowns in the United States, gets fired from a McDonald's, which was probably out in the middle of a vast sprawling parking lot along a 6 lane stretch of mini-malls, breaks up with his girlfriend and shoots up a big sprawling mall with a big sprawling parking lot built on what used to be a prairie with buffalo and indians.

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oadlad
Member # 1613

- posted      Profile for Oadlad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A report in a paper here a few days ago (Guardian Media?) suggested that Murdoch wanted to give Sky News a more Fox-y feel. Uh, uh...
Posts: 157 | From: Leicester UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC