This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » Ireland's answer to Paris Hilton dies (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Ireland's answer to Paris Hilton dies
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1206/frenchk.html

The media aren't printing it -- yet -- but what happened to her was that she suffered a massive cocaine overdose while very drunk at a party at the weekend and subsequently went into cardiac arrest. She had been interviewed in one of the papers a couple of weekends ago, loudly vowing that she didn't touch coke any more after experimenting with it a few years ago.

If she had lived she would almost certainly have been hugely brain-damaged.

There is a major cultural and media shitstorm in this country at present about cocaine, and poor Katy will now be the poster girl in perpetuity for the anti-drugs/pro-prohibition lobby.

I can see the Sunday Independent, in particular, going to town on this one at the weekend. Black borders and eight-page specials all round . . .

[ 06.12.2007, 20:44: Message edited by: The Stroke ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a quite staggering difference between your story and the RTE story you link to - not even a suggestion of anything untoward.
They can't possibly be afraid of libel - she's dead, so Is that a self censorship thing?

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reed
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Reed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Coroners Office has been informed of her death."

Isn't the Coroner's office informed of every death?

Posts: 15414 | From: left to right on your radio dial... | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
and I am the life
Member # 227

- posted      Profile for and I am the life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but what happened to her was that she suffered a massive cocaine overdose while very drunk at a party at the weekend and subsequently went into cardiac arrest

the tabloids today were saying that she was eating it. the coke story had definitely been printed. The lack of human charity over her death amongst the people I've met is absolutely shocking. She was deeply unpopular.

Posts: 19996 | From: the crespo of a wave | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

- posted      Profile for Hieronymus Bosch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They can't possibly be afraid of libel - she's dead, so Is that a self censorship thing?

I'd imagine it's out of deference to the family. Ireland is a very small country and RTE News is a very conservative and careful organisation.

the tabloids today were saying that she was eating it. the coke story had definitely been printed.

Didn't see today's papers, was up to my tits with work.

The lad who died in Waterford was also reported to have been eating the coke. Is this a new fad?

[ 06.12.2007, 20:42: Message edited by: The Stroke ]

Posts: 20007 | From: Terrestrial Paradise | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gonzo
Member # 1592

- posted      Profile for Gonzo         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a shame she died. Sounds like an OD right enough.

But to compare anyone on the island of Ireland to Paris Hilton, hits a new low.....

[ 07.12.2007, 09:39: Message edited by: Gonzo ]

Posts: 2962 | From: The Pale, Erin | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

Well, I only mean it in the "well-heeled blonde woman with ubiquitous media presence" sense. I don't know that much about her, but she seemed like a harmless airhead rather than a nasty piece of work like the real Paris Hilton.
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never heard of her, but thanks for the tip re this week's Sindo.

I'd have guessed that Rosie Davison (Chris de Burgh's daughter, grandparents live in a castle, Miss Universe) was closer to Paris Hilton?

Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AIATL - the headline on today's star is "KATY DIDN'T EAT COCAINE". none of the papers has said directly that she died of a cocaine overdose, even though everyone knows that's what happened. that might change now she has died.

eating it is not a fad, the guys in waterford did it because their stuff was too damp to snort.

DG: katy french has had a much higher profile than rosanna davison over the last year. it must have been a while since you've read the sunday independent because she has dominated that newspaper's output for the last few months.

there are rumours doing the rounds that her friends did not act to hospitalise her as quickly as they might have. that said, there is not much you can do to treat a massive cocaine overdose.

[ 06.12.2007, 21:01: Message edited by: garcia en dolor ]

Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for Duncan Gardner v8.2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Garcia. I generally pick up a free copy about once a month, but I've obviously neglected the showbiz pages.
Posts: 2818 | From: Marching through Georgia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

Page 1 of the main section is usually a showbiz page as well.

The ironic thing is that the Sunday Independent is a newspaper which looks and reads as though it is produced and written by a staff who, to a man and woman, are all out of their minds on Tony Montana's finest produce. Subjecting the Sindo's entire editorial team to mandatory drug tests tomorrow morning would produce some very funny results.

Duncan Gardner v8.2
Member # 1425

What I meant above was that Davison was the only Irish model I could name, probably.

How do your own organs feature in the charlie consumption stakes, Stroke and Garcia?

garcia en dolor
Member # 152

- posted      Profile for garcia en dolor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i think i'll take the fifth on that one.
Posts: 13290 | From: murphyia | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Don Malhumorado
Member # 63

- posted      Profile for Don Malhumorado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Damp cocaine is a real pain. A mate of mine grilled his, then stuck it in the freezer when it got damp. Going a bit far, that, I reckon.

Totally unrealted to this, I have a medical on Monday. I'm a little nervous about it.

Posts: 14591 | From: Paper Street | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hieronymus Bosch
Member # 1209

How do your own organs feature in the charlie consumption stakes, Stroke and Garcia?

Do you mean my body or the paper I work for?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC