This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » You take a wrong turn and... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: You take a wrong turn and...
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I followed a similarish route when I got lost actually...

Calf is now fine for easy walking but if I twist slightly or put to much pressure when stepping up, it twinges. I hope this coming sunday I can go for a little walk to get back into the groove and keep fit.

Friday is going to be wet and very windy, stick to a woodlands or dale walk. I would suggest going up the reservoirs in Whalley Bridge then push up, via Shining Tor to enjoy a few good gusts, to the Cat&Fiddle for a pint or a mulled wine then it's either walk back (lower route to reservoirs by Dean Bridge a possibility) or take a bus from there to Buxton (stop outside the pub)?

Fuck, I wish I could go out and do it...grmbl...

Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, best laid plans. No problem with my leg but yesterday I realised that the subsidence I noticed earlier in the week in my mum's back garden might well be a collapsed main sewer so I'm now obliged to sit around waiting for the effing water company to come and look at it. They'll be round any time in the next two days, which kind of precludes my going anywhere. We're not insured against the collapse of a main sewer running through the property. Today's my effing birthday. At least the heavy grey sky and pissing rain suits my mood. I don't think could take it if it was sunny.
Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ursus arctos
Member # 1452

- posted      Profile for ursus arctos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday and best of luck, Spock.
Posts: 18670 | From: mediolanum | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cheers Urs!
I got bored waiting for the water company and when a mate came round with a card I roped him into holding the manhole cover while I clambered down the 7ft deep concrete shaft and waggled a stick up the potentially collapsed pipe and discovered that while it was a little silted up it most definitely hadn't collapsed.
Glad tidings of great joy etc which I was able to impart with my usual tact when 1h later the water company phoned up and told me to expect them to respond to my emergency call of the previous day any time in the next 2-3 weeks. Apparently their call centre have a habit of promising unrealistically short response times.
I suppose I should consider myself lucky not to be plying my trade in Pakistan. Can't see a plea of "I don't care how fooking dead she is, you'll not be seeing an inch of text before a week Tuesday," cutting much ice in any of the 'newscentral' I contribute to.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC