This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » What would everyone do on the 25th, if they felt they had a real choice? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What would everyone do on the 25th, if they felt they had a real choice?
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
'but I want to and Christmas is supposed to be about families and what else would you want to do and you ought to go because you owe it to your mum and can you give me one good reason why not and'

blah blah blah

Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"no"
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The 7th Baron Bartok
Member # 959

- posted      Profile for The 7th Baron Bartok     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to be with the whole of my extended family (instead of just in a sad little group of me, my Mum and my single big sis which is where I'll be, at Mum's house). In particular I'd like that to include my daughters (who'll be with their mother) and my lovely gf (who will be at her parents, where I am not particularly welcome due to having still not managed to complete the final stage of my divorce).

Hell, I wouldn't even mind my daughters' mother being there if she'd be civil to everyone and put hard feelings aside.

I'm not as close as I'd like to be to all my siblings. Mainly their fault, the emotionally withdrawn so and sos. Not a single one of the f*ckers got a birthday card to me on time this year (or perhaps at all - don't know if they're stuck in the Christmas post).

[edit for correct placing of apostrophe!]

[ 19.12.2007, 18:03: Message edited by: The 7th Baron Bartok ]

Posts: 4840 | From: London | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was supposed to be going to Vienna for Xmas with the GLC but it was a bit of a financial squeeze after the recent America trip. So off to her parents we dutifully go. Me dressed as santa and her dressed as an elf.

Although, in theory I'd like to be round Diggedy Derek's watching The Wire.

Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a cozy cottage somewhere in the mountains, with a real fire, eating some nice roast meat (not turkey) and drinking good ale, with the missus and a few good friends for company. No gifts allowed.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TonTon
Member # 41

- posted      Profile for TonTon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why no gifts?
Posts: 9771 | From: London. Yes, actual London, with a real London postcode and everything. | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would stay at home in my PJs all day, playing on the internet and watching DVDs. Then I would have a nice hot shower in the evening and put on fresh PJs just before going to bed again.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twohundredpercent
Member # 1637

- posted      Profile for twohundredpercent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere with snow, definitely. I can vaguely remember a White Krismas (I'm doing it too now, I think it's the mental image of his jolly face dressed up as Santa that is reponsible for that) in Enfield in about 1981, and going over to Bush Hill Park and finding it covered in about a foot of snow. I don't think I'll ever experience that amount of excitement again in my entire life.

I'd like a vast cross-section of friends, old and recent, along with my in-laws and my entire extended family, because I don't get to see any of them as much as I'd like to. I'd like to have enough money to buy them extravagant presents (not for show, but because I like spending money on other people and it would be nice to be able to spend as much as I'd like to and not have to worry about it).

Ummm... I'd like to have the whole two weeks from just before Christmas into the New Year off, because I haven't had that two weeks off for about ten years. I'd like to have a massive, ridiculous buffet at lunchtime, and a massive, ridiculous roast in the evening. And I'd like to have a lot of gin, and some beer (but not too much, because too much makes me feel bloated), and some sambuca or tequila would be nice.

I might also like to have some other sort of recreational substance, but not if my entire extended family was around, because that would just be, you know, weird.

Posts: 4298 | From: Sussex By The Sea | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe Public
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Joe Public     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually love Christmas Day because it's the only day of the year when my wife, myself and the two kids spend time together.

My son is coming home from Leeds and my daughter understands that this is one day when she cuts the seemingly surgical attachment to her boyfriend and stays in for the whole day and evening.

Despite them being 22 and 17 we still fill their Santa sacks with goodies (okay, from their own lists) and it still surprises me how much pleasure my wife and I take from seeing them open their stuff.

A bit sad, I suppose, but there you go. I wouldn't swap it.

Posts: 4524 | From: The North-West Frontier | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ant259
Member # 1734

- posted      Profile for ant259     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would do more or less exactly what I'm going to do, which is to go over to England and spend the holiday period with my Mum, brothers and their partners. (See other Xmo thread).

If I didn't want to do it, I could easily make my excuses (and not leave).

Posts: 1653 | From: Oviedo | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd bring a few people back from the dead, and I'd shrink the distances between Brighton, Newcastle and Barry, but apart from that, I wouldn't change a thing.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Croute au fromage et oeuf au plat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TonTon, I'll amend that to only gifts made or created by the giver, say a piece of music, a poem, a home made cheese or beer, something that has only a token commercial value but is the result of an effort by the giver rather than just load the credit card.
Posts: 16714 | From: Outskirts of Manchester | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to go on a 72-hour drunken, drug-addled bender, visiting as many pubs, nightclubs and illicit drinking establishments within the Greater London area as possible and waking up on the afternoon of December 27th on a building site.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uncle Ethan
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Uncle Ethan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to take the whole extended family to massive beach house, perhaps in Esperance, and do what we do here without having to travel on the day.

I also wouldn't mind one more English Christmas with a proper pub to visit and a bone chilling walk to follow Xmas dinner.

Wherever it is though I want all my family there and never to take if for granted.

[ 20.12.2007, 01:46: Message edited by: Uncle Ethan ]

Posts: 3958 | From: WA | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would try heroin. And crack.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC