This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » What would everyone do on the 25th, if they felt they had a real choice? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: What would everyone do on the 25th, if they felt they had a real choice?
Femme Folle
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Femme Folle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the same time.
Posts: 18278 | From: the cattery | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gerontophile
Member # 954

- posted      Profile for gerontophile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to have a good one this year (see thread passim), but given the choice, I would go to a friend's villa in Puerto Banus (without the partner) and indulge in the kind of Bacchanalian festivities which involve fantastic food, great presents, copious amounts of vintage wine, a rather ostentatious bong and several sexaganarian men.

Rather like 6 years ago in fact.

Posts: 2278 | From: the nightflight to Venus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr. Hofzinser
Member # 26

- posted      Profile for Dr. Hofzinser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to spend it with all my closest family and my fiancee, in my mum and dad's house eating good food and drinking good booze. Which fortunately is exactly what I'll be doing.
Posts: 9155 | From: salubrious Crouch End | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to be with both my brothers and both my sisters. We managed it last year, but this year we're all over the place.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyra
Member # 1669

- posted      Profile for lyra     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The number of people that want to be with families/partners is really shocking to me and makes me realise how actually abnormal my own feelings are. Oh dear.
Posts: 2387 | From: Arcadia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That ain't necessarily so. My second sister is staying in Rotherham, having eschewed the chance to go to my little brother's place with my other brother and our father, as she wants to spend Christmas Day without them.
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macocha europy
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for macocha europy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do what I do at our Germany christmasses and what I do at our Brazil christmasses on the same day.
Posts: 7953 | From: Tank Meadow, Munich North | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'll amend that to only gifts made or created by the giver, say a piece of music, a poem
Quick! Call the police! Croute's turned into a hippy!
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phoebe Disco
Member # 46

- posted      Profile for Phoebe Disco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'd go for the drink and drugs bender. Anything that wouldn't involve the family, and the inevitable arguments usually started by my sister*.

*Okay, me, but it's such fun winding her up, specially given that she demands silence during Emmerdale and EastEnders. Having five remote controls capable of working the TV is this year's plan, by the way. Especially as she won't shut up during Doctor Who.

Posts: 14959 | From: the heart of a deviancy amplification spiral | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass
Member # 730

- posted      Profile for Gas Filled Dolphin Carcass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
a home made cheese
WTF? You can make cheese at home?! I don't know whether I'm intrigued or appalled.
Posts: 8490 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The_Liquidator
Member # 694

- posted      Profile for The_Liquidator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd do what I'm doing this year, and every year previous. My only changes would be to not have a stroke-riddled granddad, who might have to spend Christmas in hospital, to not have so many deadlines around the time we have off and to have the girlfriend round so we can do rude things at each other.

Other than that, my Christmas is spot on.

Posts: 6801 | From: The city to the sticks | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I tried making cheese at home once - that non melting Indian cheese - from a recipe in an Indian cookbook. I ended up with something about the size of three fingernails.
Takes a lot of milk.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coffy
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Coffy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to worry, lyra. In a couple of years, when I can afford vacations again, I'm going to try to spend Christmases on Caribbean islands, listening to carols played on steel drums while I drink lots of beverages that are served with little umbrellas in them.
Posts: 3014 | From: where the action is | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Antonio Gramsci
Member # 11024

- posted      Profile for Antonio Gramsci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lying in bed reading until at least noon, I think. Then an hour or so emerging to help Gramsci Junior navigate the intricacies of the new Football Manager game his grandfather gave him. Scoffing Arancini and expensive cheeses most of the day while staying gently sloshed on Italian reds. A couple of hours of productive writing on a topic that has nothing to do with Canadian post-secondary education. Listening to music. Getting on a late night plane to somewhere reasonably exotic, hopefully with a really long stopover in London so I can watch a boxing day football match while the wife shops.

Bliss.

Posts: 1762 | From: the further reaches of sleep deprivation | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

quote:
we're away at Berwick on Boxing Day
'Old on, that shouldn't be happening. The Scots should be working away on Boxing Day, ready to have 2nd of January off. What's going on?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC