This board has been transferred to www.wsc.co.uk,

why not join us there

One Touch Football - Archive   
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» One Touch Football - Archive » World » God Bless You, Ma'am! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: God Bless You, Ma'am!
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most people probably think when Stumpy says 'you've got to admire... etc', he's colloquially saying that he thinks these are admirable qualities. In fact, he's referring to an unrepealed statute dating from the time of the hundred years war, which stipulates that everyone must admire the reigning monarch for their old-school graft and sense of duty, on pain of having their best spoon confiscated.
Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
You Are The Ref
Member # 76

- posted      Profile for You Are The Ref     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Which may sound trivial to us today, but could sometimes be an effective death sentence for poor peasants in the 14th century.
Posts: 1891 | From: Saddam Hussein's secret stockpile of white ladies wrists | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wingco
Member # 93

- posted      Profile for wingco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That email quote from Rogin summarises the way in which otherwise rational people and commentators turn into goggling, inane ninnies and allow all their basic sentience to evaporate when it comes to the supposed "remarkableness" of the Queen. She sent an email, eh? That shows how the monarchy has evolved.
Posts: 4035 | From: London | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spearmint Rhino
Member # 189

- posted      Profile for Spearmint Rhino     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apart from anything else, I'm willing to bet that this...

quote:
During her reign, the Queen's achievements have already included being the first British monarch to... hold a public concert in her back garden
...isn't even accurate.
Posts: 23907 | From: the Naughty North to the Sexy South, we're all singing 'I HAVE THE MOUTH!' | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nishlord
Member # 97

- posted      Profile for Nishlord     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's also the first monarch to have been able to see the Tubgirl pic if she wanted to, or buy a 12" black dildo in a shop.
Posts: 8698 | From: City of Snot | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spock na Escada
Member # 47

- posted      Profile for Spock na Escada     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but quite possibly the first where the tedious soft rock acts weren't second on the bill to the guy in the leather mask wielding a huge black axe.
Unless I'm really out of the loop and she has been dabbling in death metal.

Posts: 12057 | From: The pape's second home | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but there's plenty of that generation who'd have done it for the free food & booze/travel not to mention the vast quantities of, er, free money.....

Well there's plenty of this generation who'd do it for the free food, travel and money too. Me for starters. I reckon I could pull off the tiara look. Actually thinking about it I don't think I could.

Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ooh aah
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for ooh aah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would however pay good money to see Gonzo in a tiara
Posts: 2266 | From: the bottom of the barrel | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My name is Mumpo
Member # 551

- posted      Profile for My name is Mumpo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure 12" black dildos weren't available before 1952? I reckon the Victorians must have had them. It depends on how strictly you define 'dildo', I suppose. If you're talking about generic insertion toys, then I can't help but think I'm in the right. If you're insisting they must be battery operated, however, then I concede your point.
Posts: 23475 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hobbes
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were steam powered back in Victorian times.
Posts: 12499 | From: East of Ealing | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course in former times, the monarch would have summoned Tubgirl to the palace for a private audience.
Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lieutenant Dub
Member # 1146

- posted      Profile for Lieutenant Dub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder what her email address is? If she came to it that late, I bet she's stuck with 'email_redacted' or something.
Posts: 1456 | From: nowhere near you | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It'll be email_redacted
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpy Pepys
Member # 511

- posted      Profile for Stumpy Pepys     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
deutschesnet.de

(Sorry, I'm on an intensive German course at the moment.)

Posts: 6400 | From: Old München Town | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gangster Octopus
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for Gangster Octopus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is one? Bloody hell, I thought I was making it up...
Posts: 20721 | From: Far away, without a city wall | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | WSC